Domain Empire

domain iotinsured.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Have you heard of the IoT?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

PraiseTheLord

The IoT is Fire!Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think this is a much, much better attempt with IOT.
Would love to see what kind of value other domainers give this one!

•••
Thanks, coco77! As would I.

•••
You're really stuck on this IOT thing. lol But my question is, who would buy this domain?

•••
State Farm Group
Liberty Mutual
Berkshire Hathaway
Travelers Group
American International Group
Nationwide Group
Progressive Insurance Group
Farmers Insurance
Geico Insurance
CIGNA
Humana
United Healthcare
Wellpoint
Metlife
Zurich Insurance

•••
State Farm Group
Liberty Mutual
Berkshire Hathaway
Travelers Group
American International Group
Nationwide Group
Progressive Insurance Group
Farmers Insurance
Geico Insurance
CIGNA
Humana
United Healthcare
Wellpoint
Metlife
Zurich Insurance

I think you would have a hard time selling this to any of them. These are large companies that already have massive branding, I doubt you could just approach them and find someone high enough up the chain to approve purchasing this...and even if someone high enough up wanted it, they would need to justify it...and buying a name of a product you don't even offer (at least yet), especially in a highly regulated industry like insurance, will be a difficult at best situation.

•••
•••
IoT Insurance Market Worth 42.76 Billion USD by 2022

Perhaps I'm just a 'typical consumer' and don't get it...but that article basically lists all of the major branches of insurance (life, property, auto, etc.)...insurance is a big industry, we know that, but that number seems to include the regular branches of insurance.
A quick Google search for 'IOT insurance' only yields a small half a million or so results...so I don't really see the buzz about it? And I still don't quite get exactly what it is? Perhaps you can explain what it actually is.

•••
@PraiseTheLord - This domain has good potential...

I would hang onto it for a while and wait for the IOT industry to mature a bit more, the potential for IOT products to have a direct impact on insurance premiums/rates is huge.

I think once the IOT industry matures a little more (it's maturing at a rapid pace) and the relationship between IOT and insurance becomes more apparent then this domain could be hot property.

•••
•••
•••
I sold iotsecured.com for $2.5k and this is a similar name, so I'd say it has a similar potential.

•••

@todaygold :

10 real-life examples of IoT in insurance

Maybe I'm just not 'in the loop', but the article basically talks about those car monitors to lower insurance or connected smoke detectors, etc...it's not like this is a separate field or type of insurance. These are programs/devices that already have their own names by each insurance company...and many have been around for years. I don't see any of the major companies mentioning 'IOT' at all...if IOT is just referring to technology in insurance...that has been going on for years. Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but I still don't see why a major insurance company would be interested.
And as far as the 'IOTSecured.com' the above poster claimed to sell for $2.5k, it goes to GoDaddy's parking page...so if there is any truth to that sale, it seems it was a big waste of money to the buyer so far.

•••
Also sold TheInternetOfCars.com for $899, so there is definitely some money to be made on iot names.

•••
•••
e37089aefd.png

•••
•••
Thanks, everyone! Praise The Lord!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back