IT.COM

advice Investment opportunities with new domain extensions

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
People have been making money buying and selling domain names for years. Some even make money in their spare time by investing in domain names — like .com — which have been around for decades. In fact, Marketwatch recently published a story highlighting domain investing as a viable side hustle. Now, with new domain extensions on the market, people are wondering whether they can turn a profit with options like .tech, .club or .bank.
It’s important to remember that before investing in anything, you need to weigh the risk. Never invest money you can’t afford to lose. New domain extensions are no different. Domains are risky investments, and you should learn as much as possible about them (and their possible value) before you decide to invest.
Pro tip: I like to look at a few websites run by the various registries and see what real businesses are doing with the domain names. Some of my favorite sites are Name.kitchen, Get.club and Gen.xyz. They show real businesses using the domain names they sell, which brings awareness of the new extensions and lets you see what types of companies are adopting the use of these new domain names.
“I have seen the ‘new G’s’ used successfully in a few different ways. They are great for small businesses as they enable them to get a short and descriptive name for a reasonable cost. They are also great for marketing campaigns as they again offer a short and descriptive URL to direct the consumer to the exact location of a campaign.”..
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back