Dynadot

Introduction and hi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

l0lpad

Impact
Hi, I recently bought my first domain at godaddy.com.
It was on sale. It's a ".com" domain. Now I'm trying to set up a dns server at home and then host my website trough it.

I also noticed a domain I would like to have or to buy but the problem is that this domain is already owned by someone else and is already in use. However the person who uses this domain (also a ".com" domain) doesn't do anything fancy. He just hosts a simple html/css only website on it. Is there any possible way for me to buy that website, now, or later but not by paying thousands of dollars?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry no one replied to your message before this. They are all slackers sometimes...!

You can contact the owner and see if they would be willing to sell it. You should know what the general value of the domain is first so you can be prepared for their response. You could also just start by making an offer.

Another option is to see if you can find some reason to contact them that has nothing to do with the domain name you want. Get to know them and at some point ask if they have any domains they want to sell. They may tell you about the domain you want and you can act like you are interested, but not too interested. This may allow you to buy it for much less than if you just contact them and ask them fist. Good Luck!

•••
thanks nielsencl fro sharing it with all of us

•••
I would just try to contact the person if you could find a contact form on the webpage or something. Does Godaddy have a way to contact webmasters about Domain Names?

•••
you don't need to run your own dns server, you can use Godaddy DNS that comes with domain name

•••
And if you need to run your own site then you have to buy hosting, you can't run hosting server at your home as it is too expensive, it requires technical knowledge too..... for this purpose we need hosting service..as you are saying that you would set up at your home..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back