IT.COM

Intro: Abdul from DC and Beginner's Luck

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Abdul007

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

I'm Abdul from Washington, DC. I recently became interested in domain investing and I started a very modest portfolio. I currently own 23 domains. I don't want to buy too many more until I actually know what I'm doing.

Even though I'm new to this, I've had some beginners luck. So far, one domain I put on GoDaddy Premium sold for $1,078 last month. It was an expired domain, I registered it for the standard $10 registration fee, and someone decided to buy it a few weeks later with no effort on my part. I was obviously very excited about that amazing return on investment. The problem is I have no idea how it sold. I guess I just got lucky. I know I can't expect that to happen regularly without some sort of plan. Proof of that is the fact that my other domains haven't sold yet.

I'd like to learn the best methods for how to make sales more consistently, including the best marketplaces to sell my domains, the best types of domains to focus on, how to get the word out about my domains, the type of people likely to buy them, negotiation techniques, etc.

I know very little at this point, so I plan to be on the forum quite a bit. Any advice is always welcome and appreciated; I need a lot of it! Critiques are welcome as well. Then over time, I hope to share any insights I've gained as I learn more.

Thanks for reading this. I'm looking forward to learning more and becoming a more active domain professional.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello @Abdul007 .. and Welcome to NamePros! :)

Big congrats on getting your first sale so early! That being said, still be careful when you start .. try to learn as much as you can before spending too much as there are tons of potential pitfalls for new investors. That being said .. the best thing you can do is just take your time and read as much as you can .. checkout the blogs and podcasts as well.

Good luck on getting your 2nd sale sooner than later! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back