Dynadot

interviews Interview with Charles Sweeney

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rubencouto

DN FrontTop Member
Impact
Hello!

From the real "Land of the Brave and Home of the Free" (No, not USA. Scotland!! :-D) here is another great story from another top domainer.
Our special thanks to NP member @Charles Sweeney for his generosity!

Q: Who are you?

A: I'm 54, from Scotland, living in London. Been online since 1998 when I made my first website offering free hatch patterns for AutoCAD. Registered my first domain, scotnews.com, in 1999. Started domaining in 2000 and registered about 500 domains. I mostly develop domains, make websites offering products and services.

Q: Do you have a domain name showcase or website?

A: CharlesSweeney.com

Q: For how long have you been domaining?

A: Since 2000.

Q: Is this your only activity or do you have another job/activity?

Click HERE to read the full interview!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice interview. Enjoyed this quote,

"Develop your domains. Make websites. Don't have to be anything fancy, even just pictures and text. Write the content yourself. Write about something you know about or are interested in. NEVER EVER buy content. "

•••
From the real "Land of the Brave and Home of the Free" (No, not USA. Scotland!! :-D)
Pure Gold, and so true.

Now I'll go read the interview. :)

•••
•••
Nice guy, smart, honest and down to earth !

Best of luck with you future endeavors @Charles Sweeney :)

•••
Thanks to share your investment journey and thanks to the interviewer

•••
Thanks for sharing, Good and straight chap, as always impressed by our Scots friends whether on the slopes of Rwenzori Mountains around a camp fire or downtown Toronto ... these guys are straight ... me think it's the spirit of Mr. William Wallace and the clean air of the moors.. Thanks Mate.

•••
•••
Thanks for sharing, Good and straight chap, as always impressed by our Scots friends whether on the slopes of Rwenzori Mountains around a camp fire or downtown Toronto ... these guys are straight ... me think it's the spirit of Mr. William Wallace and the clean air of the moors.. Thanks Mate.
"You can take our domains but you will never take our FREEDOM!"

•••
LondonToLet.com got £5,000 ($8K). So great!

•••
I read the interview. Awesome :D

I have a question, so if you're more into selling sites than domaining... what happens when, say, you make a site with a good domain that you can sell on Flippa (or whever) for only $1,000. But what if the domain is one of those "wait for high prices" domain that could get you $8,000-five figs but you have to wait until the right end user finds it?

I mean we've all seen the namebio sales. I just checked right now and saw "enteractive.com" sell for 3k. If the seller had dev'd the site when he first got the domain and let it go for 1k then in the long-term wouldn't he be wasting time and getting lesser returns?

I mean most domainers just park their domain and wait for stuff to come in. If you dev'd every domain you acquired and sold for a max of 1k - 3k when you could be getting more... idk.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back