Top Member
Impact
Kindly Appraise
InternetFilter.Com

Is it OK in mid xxxx

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Zero in my book. The names gets no type in traffic, so if someone were to build a business around the name InternetFilter.com, I don't see how the name helps. The name is also awkward. If you were going to build a business you would go with a name like NetFilter.com. InternetFilter.com is a lame name. It has probably been in the vault for years, and I can imagine that the mental gymnastics needed to keep convincing yourself that the name is valuable would be fun to see. I wish I had a dollar for every minute you spent thinking about this name.

These are the worst types of names, because they fool the owner, and create delusional thinking. I am giving the name a hard time, as it is nothing personal, as I want to get the jump on a bunch of white noise that would pollute the thread about how it might fetch a big number.

I would rather have my lunch for free tomorrow than have this name, as I cannot imagine someone putting effort into building a business around it. You could really reach and say it is possible that someone would create some app and use this name somehow, but like I stated before, the name is awkward, and it's not catchy....doesn't flow....boring...no magic. As Beavis and Butthead would say....it....sucks....hahahehhehahha.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for you detailed reply,
I myself actually not sure about any price about this domain.
But really wonder that how estibot give it $ 221,000 USD, that is huge huge considering this domain, I am not a fan of estibot, but never knew that they are hugely biased,
is it something to do with personal preferences, i do not know.
Thanks again

•••
I say it has some value. Garden firewall is more the current term but lets say the net becomes so filtered it becomes a common search. I can say there was a lot less censorship 20 years ago. What happens in another 20 years? It could be a long time to hang onto it. With a lot believing estibot is god you could sell it to another domainer for a k. It is internet based words so broader audience for buyers.

Last edited:
•••
My thoughts it will probably come to fruit quicker than driverless, 4D and other future keywords others invest in stick with it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It is ok in low to mid xxxx

•••
People keep giving a range, but none of you would pay near that range, so the name is not worth anything. Apparently, Estibot says 221K. Nobody in the history of domains, who has ever been really succesfull, ever mentions, or uses, Estibot. If Estibot says it is worth 221K, then if they were legit, you could email them and they would take it for 10K, right? I mean, that is only 5 percent of their appraisal. Their, and all other appraisals are meaningless, unless the appraiser is willing to give you a percentage of the appraisal on the spot.

Continue to daydream about reality all you want. If it helps you through the day, then it is the same as having religion. But don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you just throw numbers out there that don't have any bearing on reality at all. There are few businesses out there that use the word Internet. The term simply is not used by successful businesses. That is just the way it worked out. Terms like Web, or Net are used. That is reality. There is no way the name is worth 1K, and I am being generous because I am allowing that someone here would try to get cute and tell me it was worth more than 50 bucks, which is all it is worth, if that. I guess someone could get fooled and pay a few hundred, and nobody with an idea as to the value of names would pay anything for it. My value is essentially zero, so if anyone else in this thread is willing to buy it right now for $100 or more, then speak up and make a serious offer. Throwing out numbers that you, and nobody else, are not prepared to pay does not help the cause.

•••
unless you dev it with viable commercial model, then ..it's a reg fee name.

also,

when your brain starts pondering why the bot said this or that, then what state of mind are you really in?
:)

imo...

•••
I agree with MrNames that NetFilter would be better but I would not discount the value of InternetFilter.com. I could see building a business around that one for sure. Mama might not know what netfilter is but she will know what InternetFilter is. A Mother or Father can get very protective around what their child sees on the internet.

Hang on to it, promote it, you might be in for a surprise.

•••
Negative term, see no value, unless you want to sell it to the Chinese gov.

•••
To Maple Dots....You can hang on to it and promote it all you want. Twitter is a money losing business, so I'm sure this one will do just great. 99 percent of domains are not part of money making enterprises. That is the big secret. Multi-billion dollar companies through around hundreds of millions of dollars trying to make things work, and you usually only hear about the success stories.

The name is lame, and that is the name of the game. Keep dreaming.

Last edited:
•••
It was a developed site for many years, maybe has value to software houses offering this type of software.

•••
To Maple Dots....You can hang on to it and promote it all you want. Twitter is a money losing business, so I'm sure this one will do just great. 99 percent of domains are not part of money making enterprises. That is the big secret. Multi-billion dollar companies through around hundreds of millions of dollars trying to make things work, and you usually only hear about the success stories.

The name is lame, and that is the name of the game. Keep dreaming.

I sold a name that was called lame by dozens of people on a forum for 75k.
I'll trust my instincts and my ability to develop a domain.

Sure its not the strongest possibility but the domain is far from lame.
Tell you what, since everyone says its a reg fee I will offer 250usd paypal for it.

I'll post back when I sell it at a profit. I love doing that because a two word dictionary .com spelled correctly is definitely not lame, you just have to find the correct end user.

Last edited:
•••
I sold a name that was called lame by dozens of people on a forum for 75k.
I'll trust my instincts and my ability to develop a domain.

Sure its not the strongest possibility but the domain is far from lame.
Tell you what, since everyone says its a reg fee I will offer 250usd paypal for it.

I'll post back when I sell it at a profit. I love doing that because a two word dictionary .com spelled correctly is definitely not lame, you just have to find the correct end user.
This guy just paid $2100 for it 2 days ago on namejet.

Yes, we have seen software products which block kids from certain sites, and what not, but they are branded. This is just to general to launch from an overall investment perspective, but there are outliers for all scenarios, you just never know.

My first thought is, how does he get his money back, what is an end user going to step up, and pay?

Aftermarket bidding is a bit wild west these days, I feel there are alot of people just bidding to get into the action, while at the same time over bidding their profit margin away.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for all of your feedback,

•••
Negative term, see no value, unless you want to sell it to the Chinese gov.
so there you got the end use...
that is how market work, you only need to have a hint...

•••
•••
•••
All this week news of companies dropping youtube advertising because of things like extremest and racist content with their advertising running next to it.
The internet filter is coming sooner than you think.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back