news Internet Archive (Wayback Machine)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
I noticed this message today on their site:

"Dear Internet Archivists:
Once a year we ask you: help keep the Internet Archive free and free of ads. If everyone reading this gave $50, we could end our fundraiser right now. That’s right. For the price of a book, you can make a book available to everyone forever. We are a small non-profit with a huge mission: to give everyone access to all knowledge—the books, web pages, audio, television and software of our shared humanity. Forever. Together we are building the digital library of the future. A special place where you can go to learn and explore. The Internet Archive has only 170 staff but runs the #250 website in the world. We don’t accept ads. We don’t sell your information. But we still need to pay for servers, staff and rent. If you use the Internet Archive, we hope you’ll give what you can right now. Thank you."

I really didn't know that they were a non-profit, but I do know how valuable their service is to me and probably everyone else here. Doing a fund raising campaign in the Holiday season is a questionable strategy, but nonetheless they need some help. If you find their service valuable and you can afford a donation, please consider donating today.

Internet Archive

Edit: Also, if you have never explored their site, you should take a few minutes to do so. I was really intrigued by their claim to be running 250 websites and wanted to know what they are. I found some great resources that will help me to be more successful in the future.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back