Dynadot

Interesting OLD Sales 3 Letter and Char!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DotWeekly

DotWeekly FounderVIP Member
DotWeekly Staff
Impact
Here are some interesting sales that I found from several years ago. I wish you could find these names for that price today :) All prices are USD

HXK.com $600 3/2003

UCZ.com $400 3/2003

ZUW.com $450 2/2003

BMX.us $300 4/2003

AYT.net $130 9/2003

CZH.com $500 10/2003

XNG.com $780 11/2003

HXQ.com $435 1/2004

JQQ.com $590 1/2004

FGF.net $350 1/2004

LSQ.net $150 2/2004

XKG.com $790 2/2004

XKF.com $790 2/2004

VXK.com $790 2/2004

HXV.com $790 2/2004

HQY.com $790 2/2004

GED.com $150,000 1/2005

DOG.net $15,000 2/2005

G-E.net $110 7/2005

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ah, the good 'ol days...fast forward 5 years and we'll be looking at today...

•••
rocketfly said:
Ah, the good 'ol days...fast forward 5 years and we'll be looking at today...
So true. I've sold about a dozen LLL.us domains in the past few days and know that even in a year's time I'll be wishing I still had them.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
So true. I've sold about a dozen LLL.us domains in the past few days and know that even in a year's time I'll be wishing I still had them.

I think your right on that one fonzie,But we can't look back,I sold LLL.nets at $150 and a couple of LLL.com in the $400 range in the 1998 i believe it was...Nice ones too....Oh how do i need them today-LOL

•••
BMX.us $300 4/2003..........

Grrr

All we need is a time machine!

•••
wow thats something... i finally splurged and got a 3 letter .com and im holding it for at least 15 or 20 years

•••
dotcomocity said:
wow thats something... i finally splurged and got a 3 letter .com and im holding it for at least 15 or 20 years
Long term investment, huh?

•••
15 - 20? :o I could never wait that long... Few days... maybe... :lol:

•••
times could get hard with the sky rocketing oil prices and the war,,,
domain could go down too right
like the bubble that burst...

•••
Ahh.. It's amazing what a couple of years can do to the value of a DN.

If I only knew the potential value of an LLL.com back then.

Oh-well I missed that ship, way before it even set sail.

I am betting on LLLL.coms now! Hopefully they will be my cash cow in a couple years. My tickets are bought and I'm already lounging by the pool flirting with the cabana boy. I just hope I can pay for the trip before it takes sale.

Last edited:
•••
dotcomocity said:
at least 15 or 20 years

Waiting for the end of the internet or something?

•••
droplister said:
There certainly is potential for a change in internet protocol. .com's could be dead in 15 years, who knows...

•••
If only we had the patience to hold long term....selling is just too much fun!

flip, flip, flip....

•••
droplister said:

The people who said exactly that in 1991 have probably killed themselves by now. Just imagine if you had $10k to spend back then and did so in domains despite people telling you the internet probably won't be around in 15 years. Just like those people that thought Starbucks would come and go like the wind. :)

•••
Crooky said:
The people who said exactly that in 1991 have probably killed themselves by now. Just imagine if you had $10k to spend back then and did so in domains despite people telling you the internet probably won't be around in 15 years. Just like those people that thought Starbucks would come and go like the wind. :)

Well, a bigger kick to the Jimmy.... DNs used to be registered for FREE at one point... ugh

•••
Yeah and nearly everyone of them is a parking page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it is one speculator to another.........

•••
in response to previous replies to my 15 year post.... i am definitely not sure that what i am doing is wise but im rolling the dice and hanging on..... I hope to God three letter domains do nothing but go up ..... id like to think that the internet and .com's are going to continue to progress...... id really like to think there is a kid in diapers somwhere or someone out there wet behind the ears that in 15 - 20 will need a lll.com and ill be there to sell it to him.......... or maybe they'lle make a movie that is my .com verbatim and buy it..... never know.... thats investing

•••
That's a good point DotComCity! Investing! It's the same as the stock market. It has it's up's and down's and everybody keeps playing it. I think as long as the Terrorist stay away and the FREE internet stays the way it is, the internet will never go away! There are some MASSIVE internet companies with HUGE pockets that will keep the internet just the way it is for a long time :)

•••
I personally think that high quality LLL.coms pretty much have no ceiling and will continue to rocket up in value. On the other hand, I think eventually some of the really bad LLL.coms (ZKQ, etc.) will reach a point where they're going up at a snail's pace compared to the rest. After all, they have to find end-users eventually and there's only so much you can do with bad letters.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back