Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Intentional Typos

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

kubativity

Established Member
Impact
49
So some "typos" are actually acceptable as words in the domain name world.

Here are some examples of what I mean:

ending with a "z" instead of an "s" as in "bratz"

ending with an "r" instead of an "er" as in flickr

Just thought i'd start a thread where we could list examples of these internet oddities.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
kubativity said:
ending with an "r" instead of an "er" as in flickr

If I remember correctly, Flickr.com attempted to buy Flicker.com - If they had simply spent the money before they started, they probably could have had it for a fraction of the cost. Imagine how much typo traffic goes to Flicker.com?

I dont think I would ever develop a typo of a generic

Justin
 
0
•••
Topix.net ... i think 'x' should be 'cs' ?
 
0
•••
I think I've only got (1) ingines.com and .net

(edit)just thought of a few others I have.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Was Flicker.com successful in buying Flickr.com? If so how much?
 
0
•••
Smiler said:
Was Flicker.com successful in buying Flickr.com? If so how much?

You mean vise versa....
 
0
•••
Was Flickr.com successful in buying Flicker.com?

Nope, just go to http://flicker.com/ and see for yourself. :hehe:
 
0
•••
0
•••
They're probably looking for a million bucks.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back