Dynadot

discuss Installment or no installment ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ddesigns

24Designs.in - Web Development and more...Top Member
Impact
All platforms are providing installments starting from 6 to 12 months, have you seen more success when you provide domain on installment ? or more sales comes when domain is sold with full price ?

Pls share your thoughts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have heard they have high failure rate. For me its been about 50% successful completion last two years. There are pros and cons but my tactic has changed a bit after going through this myself.

•••
More thoughts welcome...

•••
I generally don't do installments because in the past it often turned into a pain in the butt for me to track down the buyer for payment.

However, I did give the option recently to some buyers during negotiation on Dan.com and have (2) in process now -

One for $600 a month for (12) months.
One for $750 a month for (12) months.

If Dan.com is going to handle the annoying part, I am fine with that.

I would prefer a buyer had to put more down up front so they had more skin in game, but that is not an option there.

Brad

•••
I generally don't do installments because in the past it often turned into a pain in the butt for me to track down the buyer for payment.

However, I did give the option recently to some buyers during negotiation on Dan.com and have (2) in process now -

One for $600 a month for (12) months.
One for $750 a month for (12) months.

If Dan.com is going to handle the annoying part, I am fine with that.

I would prefer a buyer had to put more down up front so they had more skin in game, but that is not an option there.

Brad

Thanks for sharing. I agree when a marketplace is taking care of installments it is easy to manage and track the buyer. Also the installment option gives more freedom to buyer to pay little bit more as they don't have to pay upfront...

•••
What happens to the domain owner if the lessee infringes a TM with the domain?

E.g., a domain is confusing similar to a TM.
The lessee - the subscriber of the installment plan - puts up a PPC website under that domain with links to competitors of the company that registered that TM.
Or, the lessee contacts the TM owner in order to sell him the domain.

I guess, URDP and the owner loses the domain.
Is that a way the domain owner can get back to the lessee?

Last edited:
•••
I don't offer payment plans by default. During negotiations if one was needed I can go there either through dan, dynadot, escrow, direct wire etc...

Brad

Dynadot requires a 15% non refundable down payment plus the first month payment...

https://www.dynadot.com/payment-plan

Last edited:
•••
It seems for example that Daaz has an installment option and they take care of it and It seems seller would receive the payment in full

From their site:
  1. Buy Now, Pay Later:

2. After Pay / Clearpay (Popular in Australia, Canada, France, New Zealand, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States)
  3. Klarna (Popular in Europe and the United States )
Anyone can confirm?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back