Dynadot

Inquiries from generic address email

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bullock

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

Do you take in consideration inbound email "how much?", without signature, from an account as @yahoo, @hotmain, @gmail, or you ignore them?

In this situation could be a good approach a reply like: "We do not answer to inquires when they come from a MSN, Gmail or Yahoo email address. Please, email me from your business account and we will take this inquiry more seriously." .:?:

What you think about?:xf.cool:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is a very bad idea.

•••
Yeah... not a good idea.

Many offers coming from non-business email address could be legit . This could be done purely because the buyer may want some "discretion" with regards to his purchase OR the buyer is an end user who doesn't have a business and could be simply be wanting to setup a hobby site or a side business and wants ur domain...

•••
For the most part, a buyer is a buyer. But on our premium properties we do just that: "Thank you for your note, but we do not communicate any sensitive information to gMail or any anonymous eMail addresses."

•••
Exactly, the issue is the identification/qualification of the prospect.

I'm not available to deal my valuable domain with an anonymous, or simply satisfy anyone's curiosity!

•••
In such a cases just set your price like you do when dealing with an end user as he most likely is an end user.

I personally have tons of e-mail addresses. If I want to be recognized as domainer (to get better purchase price) I will use the one which could be associated with my reg fee domains. If I want to be recognized as serious buyer I will use the one which is associated with my premium domains. In some cases I will use untraceable e-mail address such as Gmail which I never used in public neither linked any of my domains to it.
Don't forget that based on your e-mail address anyone can sniff through your domain portfolio without whois protection. Smart buyers will not use their main e-mail address when sending inquiries.

We use the same practice as a company.

•••
only price matters....

if they can pay, then we can play

don't matter what their email address say

cuz, i could find out who they are,

when they send the money my way.

:)

imo.....

•••
most of my inbound leads are from throwaway details, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, you have to respect the buyers wishes to remain on the down low.

Who's inquiring doesn't affect the price of my domains. I got one inquiry recently from a global corp worth 500m, came from a yahoo address and a throwaway mobile number. I rang them up and they freely admitted who they were, not that I needed to, their ip address gave that information away. :)

Last edited:
•••
latinisms-gloria-alonso-gonzlez-7-728.jpg

•••
When we know in advance that a sale will require NDAs and lawyers then I want to know who is at the table.

•••
@DN Invest Ltd

I see your point, namely buyer's tactic: test the waters! :xf.wink:

@biggie @golan

Yes, only money matters!:-P

@iAchilles
It seems to me a bit unprofessional a blind answer. :xf.cool:

•••
In this situation could be a good approach a reply like: "We do not answer to inquires when they come from a MSN, Gmail or Yahoo email address. Please, email me from your business account and we will take this inquiry more seriously."

This sounds very familiar. Did you come across this on a forum thread? If so, link please.

Treat every inbound inquiry as you would treat someone with a large financial backing.

Be professional, to the point, and choose your words carefully... don't sound like an amateur or a buffoon.

•••
•••
•••
it seems contrary to take the time to reply that, "We do not answer to inquires when they come from a MSN, Gmail or Yahoo email addresses."

because that is a reply.

so why not just ask them to, "Make an Offer"

imo....

•••
If they put up the money then I don't care even if they use @aol

•••
Look at it this way. If you go to a Bentley dealership wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, will the salesman tell you that they don't sell cars to people who wear casual clothes?

If you don't have a price for the domain they inquired about and you're worried that you might leave money on the table, you can just ask them to make an offer in the range you desire.

•••
I consider every inbound mail and I treat them the same way. Also the lowballer. One thing I've learned doing domaining is you never know how things could morph. Maybe it do not end in a sale but I establish a new connection :)

•••
"Sorry but we do not talk to people in red, green and yellow t-shirts. Come back with a blue one. "

This is how you will sound to half of your potential buyers who will not understand why you refuse gmail,yahoo or whatever. They will probably never email you again.

If you like making less $$ then by all means go ahead.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back