Domain Empire

Information on Latonas.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ulterios

The Bear is Sticky with HoneyTop Member
Impact
Hi all, I received an email today from someone claiming to be a website broker for latonas.com saying they were interested in one of my domains. I haven't heard anything about them before and a search on both here and Google didn't really show enough info to help.

Here are some questions I was hoping I could find an answer for:

Is this some kind of scam?

Are they legit?

Have any of you dealt with them before?

They seem legit but I haven't been able to find good information on them to make a judgement.

They threw me off by putting this in the email: "I just wanted drop you an email to see if you would be interested in either selling xxxxx.com or any others you may have?"

Any other thoughts or information you might have about them will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's hard to understand what the problem is? Most of the businesses I've sold domains to I have never heard of before and I usually just ask them to make an offer and if we agree, we will make a deal through Escrow.

•••
It's hard to understand what the problem is? Most of the businesses I've sold domains to I have never heard of before and I usually just ask them to make an offer and if we agree, we will make a deal through Escrow.

I understand that and that's how I would do it also. The thing that threw me was the part of the email that said:

"I just wanted drop you an email to see if you would be interested in either selling xxxxx.com or any others you may have? "

The "Any others" part made it seem like it might not be legit. Why would they be interested in "Any others" without knowing if maybe the rest of my domains (Assuming I had more) are not what they might be looking for.

•••
I understand that and that's how I would do it also. The thing that threw me was the part of the email that said:

"I just wanted drop you an email to see if you would be interested in either selling xxxxx.com or any others you may have? "

The "Any others" part made it seem like it might not be legit. Why would they be interested in "Any others" without knowing if maybe the rest of my domains (Assuming I had more) are not what they might be looking for.

Note that the email doesn't say anything about wanting to buy your domains. They're asking if you're interested in selling them which probably means that they want to see if they can get you to list your domains on their website.

•••
Note that the email doesn't say anything about wanting to buy your domains. They're asking if you're interested in selling them which probably means that they want to see if they can get you to list your domains on their website.

That's true, I had thought of it as a "They want to buy", not "They want to help sell for me". They did also put in the email message:

"I'd also like to take this opportunity to share with you Latona’s web property listings in case you may be looking to purchase more properties."

So I thought it might just be a way for them to spam people who own domains and hoping they might buy one they have listed there.

•••
Why not go to latonas.com and find out?
But drama on forums is much better.

•••
Why not go to latonas.com and find out?
But drama on forums is much better.
I did but their website is giving me doubts about them. I tried searching and didn't find much, good or bad. That's why I asked here, after I did some research and didn't find what I was looking for.

•••
I guess I'm not the only one being spammed by Rick Latona then. :-P

•••
If it was the real Latona, seems like you have a very good premium dot com. Any others you may have - It is possible to look at your portfolio with the email ID you have for the one he found. :?:

•••
•••
Well, I guess having contact information, address, phone number, etc on latonas.com means nothing.

•••
Latonas buy websites IMO...they don't buy domains..

•••
Latonas buy websites IMO...they don't buy domains..
I read that on their website which made me skeptical since mine is only basically a 3 page site. One contact page, one policies page and the main landing page saying the domain is for sale. Technically a WordPress website but nothing I would think would qualify as a website to be sold.

I think maybe they were just spamming to see if maybe I might want one of their other sites.

•••
Well, I guess having contact information, address, phone number, etc on latonas.com means nothing.
It does mean something, what exactly it means might be in question though. I have that on my websites also but does that mean I am legit? ;)

•••
Then I guess you believe microsoft, google, facebook, etal are not legit either?
Paranoia runs rampant on namepros.

•••
I read that on their website which made me skeptical since mine is only basically a 3 page site. One contact page, one policies page and the main landing page saying the domain is for sale. Technically a WordPress website but nothing I would think would qualify as a website to be sold.

I think maybe they were just spamming to see if maybe I might want one of their other sites.

Are you sure it was Latonas.com? They buy starter and established sites. I was contacted by their broker three times before 6 months..but I was not interested in selling it...they used LinkedIn also to contact me but I haven't replied BTW because that site is my hobby and gives me passive income.. ;)

•••
Then I guess you believe microsoft, google, facebook, etal are not legit either?
Paranoia runs rampant on namepros.
No I don't think that at all, but there are many scam sites that have contact information as well. ;)

Just because a website has contact information, does that mean they are legit?

•••
Are you sure it was Latonas.com? They buy starter and established sites. I was contacted by their broker three times before 6 months..but I was not interested in selling it...they used LinkedIn also to contact me but I haven't replied BTW because that site is my hobby and gives me passive income.. ;)
Yes, but that's why I think they might just be spamming me to see if I am a potential buyer.

•••
Latonas has been around for a long while, went quiet for a while when they were getting heat for some deals that didn't go they way they should have (to say the least), and have re-arisen again and have been reaching out (spamming?) to domainers to broker their websites and now domains. Many are getting these emails lately. As in all dealings, do one's due diligence before doing business with them. A lot of due diligence!

Last edited:
•••
Latonas has been around for a long while, went quite for a while when they were getting heat for some deals that didn't go they way they should have (to say the least), and have re-arisen again and have been reaching out (spamming?) to domainers to broker their websites and now domains. Many are getting these emails lately. As in all dealings, do one's due diligence before doing business them. A lot of due diligence!
Thanks for the info. I was a little curious about them because I didn't find any info on them about selling/buying/etc. domains, just websites. Mine has just 3 pages that I listed above and is just set up as a for sale website, it certainly wouldn't qualify as a site to sell.

•••
You'll have to dig, but there is enough on the net to clue you in. Search Rick Latona, watches, pawnshop, broker, etc.

•••
Do more of due diligent; try putting your mouse on one of the links to see if the email correspond with the website mentioned. If the email address does not correspond with the website, it means they are up to something. that may not palatable. IMV.
Cheers.

•••
Do more of due diligent; try putting your mouse on one of the links to see if the email correspond with the website mentioned. If the email address does not correspond with the website, it means they are up to something. that may not palatable. IMV.
Cheers.

That was the first thing I did. I always take several measures to ensure and email is legit. As stated in a previous reply, I know the email is from them but I just don't understand why they would be interested in a website with 3 pages and little content.

It seems like just a ploy to get me to come check out their inventory.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back