Domain Empire

.info .info @ Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is it just my imagination or is there a surge of .info's being listed at sedo? :gl:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last year domaindiscount24.com have offered free .info domains.
Email confirmation of registration from domaindiscount24.com contains an advice to list your domains with sedo.
I think there is affiliation between sedo and domaindiscount24.
Maybe this is one reason for infos on sedo :)

•••
I dont know what happens with .info, i dont like them because they sound weird unline the usaual .com.

•••
Yes theres more than usual I can tell you that.

•••
I don't think .info names bring much parking revenue though..

•••
romow said:
I don't think .info names bring much parking revenue though..

I must say that I am getting more and more looks on mine as the months go on :)

•••
This time last year DD24 were giving away 25 free .info to anybody and everybody who wanted them. I picked up around 18. Upon renewel last week which required payment, I kept several and dropped the rest. I would presume many are doing the same. And yes DD24 now have a relationship with Sedo, you can see this in both of their press release sections.

In the main I dropped the ones I did because I don't value .info enough to keep them and the one's I did keep have websites or at least ideas fixed to them. Of the names I dropped, none I felt would command more than reg fee anyway. I continue to keep .com .co.uk and .net with .org being a whim buy if I can afford the luxury of more than the top three levels for the same name.

•••
OK ,now all the rumors and conjecture can be allayed
I listed 1100 .info's at SEDO in the last week
NONE are freebies ,all are Regged until August 2006
only 1 is for sale (ROKR.info),
Unless obscene amounts are offered
I will be removing them from SEDO over next month

•••
Barefoottech said:
OK ,now all the rumors and conjecture can be allayed
I listed 1100 .info's at SEDO in the last week
NONE are freebies ,all are Regged until August 2006
only 1 is for sale (ROKR.info),
Unless obscene amounts are offered
I will be removing them from SEDO over next month

Let us know if you get any obscene offers :hehe:

•••
I've been buying and listing .infos at Sedo the past month or so too. Celebrity names mostly. Few are getting decent $.

decent = more than enough to pay for reg fees.

•••
I dont see much nowadays
Dont know why...

•••
Barefoottech's post pretty much solved the mystery.

On .info value, I believe they fill a void, and they're specially well fitted for medical terms. To me it makes more sense a domain like cancer.info than cancer.com, because of the commercial connotation of .com domains.

•••
•••
I plan on registering a .INFO this week. It will be the first that i'll pay for a .INFO. And i will also reg a dictionary .NET. It will be my second time to reg a .NET in 3 years.

.COM is still king.

Last edited:
•••
Those are all factors in the increase in popularity of .infos, but also keep in mind that basic supply & demand has helped that along. The .info domains were cheap (or free at first) and many of the good names are still available with that extension when the .com/.net/.org versions may be long gone.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back