IT.COM

.info .info domains expiring at Dotster, any advice appreciated.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have the obligatory 25 free .info domains expiring at dotster.com in the next 2 weeks.

To register a new .info at dotster is 2.99

To renew a .info at dotster is 14.99

Right-o

So, anyone have any advice? Dotster coupons?

My other option: Renew the ones I want once all is said and done, with the expectation that a few of them might be grabbed.

-Allan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IAmAllanShore said:
I have the obligatory 25 free .info domains expiring at dotster.com in the next 2 weeks.

To register a new .info at dotster is 2.99

To renew a .info at dotster is 14.99

Right-o

So, anyone have any advice? Dotster coupons?

My other option: Renew the ones I want once all is said and done, with the expectation that a few of them might be grabbed.

-Allan
If I were you I would pick out the ones I wanted to keep and get them transfered to a cheaper place like Enom or GD.

I am doing a pick & choose on my infos -- actually keeping those targeted for development + a few I think have a future and adding one now and then.

•••
Went ahead and started the transfer process of the developed ones to GoDaddy to try to dodge the dotster hook.
hark's idea = good. Allan = starting.
Thanks,
Allan :gl:

•••
Definitely keep the good ones and transfer out. I'm sure a few of them might slip under the radar if you don't have the budget or desire to renew all 25.

•••
Darn, if only you had more NP$s you probably could transfer them here. :D

Anyway, I agree with the others: transfer the good ones to another registrar
where it's cheaper.

•••
If you have many names with Dotster you could approach them and ask for a special deal. In fact, once they see you transferring out several domains they may approach you unsolicited offering better prices and services for your account permanently.

•••
•••
www.NetCheap.com is a Dotster reseller and charges $7.99 from the looks of it for .info, you could create an account there and then simple push the names from Dotster to NetCheap, then renew.

I do this for all my Dotster renews...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back