NameSilo

discuss Indian Call Centers Going Off!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've been bombarded with phone calls day in and day out regarding each domain name I register.
It's always someone with an Indian Accent(no offense Intended-just my experience).

It's usually about them trying to sell me seo services, web development etc... and even when I say no, no,no no thank you, no no,, stop calling... they keep calling.

It seems to be the same thing happening via email...

Am I the only one experiencing this?

I know India is taking off now into the domain space and has always been into tech. I have had people from that region do good work for me before. But with that being said.. if you read this and know anyone doing this.. please you gotta know how to act.. Put some integrity in your business.

I'm not sure of the right way to look at this, but i guess I'm just annoyed. Maybe I should change my whois number to 911 or 411 or to a sex hotline. I may just do the last idea(maybe for a week).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Indian here, happens same with me. daily spam calls and emails. i already bought the new number using it in old spare phone which is kept idle,havent shared that number with anyone else. so that problem is solved.

As for emails its not just india, from canada to USA to europe depending upon your registrar i receive it from almost all over the world including india. the problem is still there, and one cant replace it like a number because of various reasons.

•••
I use gmail all the time, its no way 100%efficient against the scam. Although it may still be best option among all email service.

•••
I use gmail all the time, its no way 100%efficient against the scam. Although it may still be best option among all email service.

gmail takes care of about 99% spam for me personally.

•••
Not just that but at least 3 times a week I get an IRS scam call

that's how they got my mom to give up the last 4 digits of her social. bastards!

•••
gmail takes care of about 99% spam for me personally.
for me too it eradicates tons of spam but still just not perfect enough. like there are daily on average 3-4 scam emails in the inbox.

•••
I wish it was as simple as this.

I use a gmail account and a ton of emails go both into spam and some also arrive in my inbox.
Maybe i'm just lucky lol but these scumbags seem to be able to get hold of me come what may.

I've received so much spam today it's been beyond irritating.

Its not perfect but its much better than getting hundreds per day. I get 0 webdesign proposals or "register with google" or logo design spam so this is 100-s of emails daily I spared myself from. I click on every unsubscribe I can find, most of them work but some don't.

•••
Its not perfect but its much better than getting hundreds per day. I get 0 webdesign proposals or "register with google" or logo design spam so this is 100-s of emails daily I spared myself from. I click on every unsubscribe I can find, most of them work but some don't.

Yes I guess you're right.
Wow to think with another email provider just how much spam I would get both in my inbox and spam trap daily. I'm already going out of my mind some days, quite a thought :)

•••
for me too it eradicates tons of spam but still just not perfect enough. like there are daily on average 3-4 scam emails in the inbox.

well all in all very few things in this world are perfect.. so the point of reference may be bit off.

frankly, I cannot even remember last time I saw a spam message in my gmail inbox...
for an average of about ~30 spam emails that end up in spam folder each day.
just keep clicking report spam each time you see spam in your inbox.. and one day near perfection ye shall attain. lol

•••
They took it to another level with yesterday... I normally don't answer or hang up but these guys pretended to be associated with Godaddy...like they are another department. To me that's straight up scam and illegal.

I wanted to record them but had trouble finding my recording app..

•••
Can understand your pain as these scumbags don't leave fellow citizens even! I am from India and receive a call almost every half an hour from them, sometimes repeatedly from the same company after a few days I say I am a developer myself and don't need their service.
That's the worst, when the same place keeps calling, as if they don't care or they have no order or system to filter numbers.. they just go willy nilly over the same pool of numbers..because calling the same person 3 to six times a day can't be a business strategy. I think getting a second number for cheap is the best option as someone advised.

•••
that's how they got my mom to give up the last 4 digits of her social. bastards!
Yeah that scam made the news... I suspected it from the beginning because IRS will always mail if they need to correspond especially for something important. Otherwise it's not official. And IRS has all our personal info so the phone is the last place they want to talk with us. Sadly it's using fear to con thousands of people..especially our elders.

•••
I've been receiving lots of these lately. Both phone & email.

•••
I got 3 Indian IRS scam calls yesterday alone. The US government should definitely crack down on this crap. As much money as the Indian people make from legitimate jobs that they have taken from American citizens, it is such an insult to injury for them to also scam US citizens of their money and also ruin what little business we self employed people have left to work with.

•••
They took it to another level with yesterday... I normally don't answer or hang up but these guys pretended to be associated with Godaddy...like they are another department. To me that's straight up scam and illegal.

Was it about logo design? I keep getting these about "Godaddy" logo design.

•••
•••
Was it about logo design? I keep getting these about "Godaddy" logo design.
I think Godaddy offered logo design services legitimately, then these spammers saw it as an opportunity to deceive others by using Godaddy cleverly in their wording... so the casual reader would think they are apart of Goddaddy and legit.

But this call was different, they were intentionally saying they are a division of Godaddy...But they weren't... and tried to offer every service possible.

When someone puts up a website and market right I will work with them..but how can you trust or give your hard earned money to people who act like this.

•••
We should put the Hacker group ANONYMOUS in them. Surprised they haven't done so ad of yet. I meant there has been a huge uptick about these scams being mentioned online to seniors.

They always talk about how they do what they do because they are the defenders of whatever .

•••
Not just that but at least 3 times a week I get an IRS scam call
Me too...wtf is going on? My phone never stops and i keep blocking the numbers but it seems they have an unlimited supply of phone numbers. Really annoying.

•••
Get a gmail account, they are very very good at filtering spam.
I agree. 99% of these emails go to my spam folder and I delete them at the end of the day. easy-peasy! @joro001 have you tried changing your spam filter settings?, that might help.

Btw, they are doing a disservice to the honest outbound marketers in their country. shame.

Last edited:
•••
Me too...wtf is going on? My phone never stops and i keep blocking the numbers but it seems they have an unlimited supply of phone numbers. Really annoying.

here's some info. I got a vanity number from this company. Sonetel.com.

Get your own local number for any country for only 89 cents.

That's how they do it.

•••
Google Voice number. Activate via prepaid card then toss it and check voicemail occasionally

•••
Here is another option I found that may reduce the spam and scam calls:

Add your number to the Do Not Call Registry:

"The National Do Not Call Registry gives you a choice about whether to receive telemarketing calls at home. Most telemarketers should not call your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days. If they do, you can file a complaint at this Website. You can register your home or mobile phone for free." https://www.donotcall.gov/

•••
Here is another option I found that may reduce the spam and scam calls:

Add your number to the Do Not Call Registry:

"The National Do Not Call Registry gives you a choice about whether to receive telemarketing calls at home. Most telemarketers should not call your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days. If they do, you can file a complaint at this Website. You can register your home or mobile phone for free." https://www.donotcall.gov/

In the UK you really can block UK marketers by signing up to the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) at http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html It works and is worth a try but in my experience callers from outside your country now freely ignore this.

You could get a dual sim phone, or a virtual number, but how important is the phone number in the Whois? Nothing stopping you putting in a number from a super premium rate sex chat line or debt advice service.

•••
Im getting IRS scam calls a few times daily and leaving automated voice mails. Also getting emails and now text messages saying they sent me a business proposal email. this irs scam is my cellphone even.

•••
I do receive daily emails but.no calls at all caus to call me , the minimum they willbe charged per min is $0.16 which will eat them up. For all other countriee, it is very easy cause sometimes iy is.even.free if you have good wireless.

They track new domains registered I guess

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back