IT.COM

Increasing Traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I would like to find out if it is possible to increase or channel traffic to your website in order to increase click- through- rate. Is it possible for instance, to buy traffic, to increase the hits to your site. I am particularlly interested in getting unique visitors. If this is possible, I would like to know the best way of doing, and if somebody could please recommend a reputable service. Thank you all.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Try to get advertisements in as many places. With lots of traffic. Maybe popups.

•••
•••
Sounds like what you may be asking for is "targeted" traffic. I have been happy with Pay-Per-Click "keyword" advetising with some search engines.

Overture is probably the best known - and the most expensive. Google's AdWords might be in second place.

I found both of them to be a little "pricy" for my operation. I seem to get the best overall results from FindWhat and SearchFeed. I also use Kanoodle and Ah-Ha to some extent. I became familiar with SearchFeed because I use them to backfill my own little search engine - but they seem to drive some decent traffic at a very low cost-per-click.

One day soon, I'll have SirSpider ready to accept PPC ads - with a difference - NO PAY. (Keyword advertising in exchange for a searchbox.)

Hope this helps a little by giving you some alternative ideas. :)

•••
Originally posted by SirSpider
Sounds like what you may be asking for is "targeted" traffic. I have been happy with Pay-Per-Click "keyword" advetising with some search engines.

Overture is probably the best known - and the most expensive. Google's AdWords might be in second place.

I found both of them to be a little "pricy" for my operation. I seem to get the best overall results from FindWhat and SearchFeed. I also use Kanoodle and Ah-Ha to some extent. I became familiar with SearchFeed because I use them to backfill my own little search engine - but they seem to drive some decent traffic at a very low cost-per-click.

One day soon, I'll have SirSpider ready to accept PPC ads - with a difference - NO PAY. (Keyword advertising in exchange for a searchbox.)

Hope this helps a little by giving you some alternative ideas. :)

I used overture. $50. They ended in no-time. However I think it has helped us a lot. That was liek 6 months ago :)

•••
Where does 'traffic' come from anyway? Where do these people who sell traffic get it from?

•••
Originally posted by fjnjn2000
Where does 'traffic' come from anyway? Where do these people who sell traffic get it from?

High calibre :$: domain names, for one! :D

:yell:

•••
Buying traffic may not be a long term solution for most websites.

The key is in creating your own traffic.

Creating traffic to your site is a slow process, but it ain't rocket-science.

Create meaningful links to and from your sites, continue to add content - as much as you possibly can - and the magic happens over time.

Try to get some one-way links. They are precious! FYI, I have a thread at NP at: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=34451#post34451
Get one-way links like that, very selectively, and Google and other search engines will find you over time.

Optimize your site primarily for improved/better end-user experience, and not just the search engines. What is good for the visitors of your site is also good for the search engines. The reverse is usually not true.

Avoid link farms, any short-cuts, and SEO dirty tricks that may result in your site getting a permanent ban from Google, etc., and you wil see the traffic grow over time. The growth is not linear though. It takes a lot of efforts to take off, but once you are air bourne, it's smooth cruising.

Feel free to ask for help in forums like this and other SEO forums. If you keep at it, it will happen!

HTH

Last edited:
•••
I know jennyspage.net gets tons of unique visitors a day and she offers advertisement.

•••
um katrina. they're not talking about teeny bopper hits lol

•••
Originally posted by fjnjn2000

As far as i know, the traffic comes from popups on the high traffic websites.
I once tried one of those "buy 10,000 hits" things and it did me no good at all. I think some people must have had popup stoppers because i only got half the amount of hits and i bet most of those were just closed down without looking at the pop-under website.
:(
We live and learn, don't we.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back