Domain Empire

In need of a script...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jeter4982

Senior MemberEstablished Member
Impact
Hello!

I am in need of what I imagine is a pretty simple script, but know virtually no coding. What it is, is basically a "This Day in History" script. I need to be able to enter importatnt events and birthdays on everyday of the year, and then have a script that displays the current days information. NP $ donations are available to anyone who helps me out. Thanks,

Tom

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Damn! I just saw a similar script to what you want yesterday, I don't remember the link, but it was free and it was called something like quote of the day script. Do a search for a similar name, I'm sure you'll find it.

•••
OK, thanks! I did do some searching, but I was unable to find anything. Maybe the new keywords will help! ;)

Anyone else? I have searched for about an hour an a half, but cant find anything. Most of what I found is random, but I need this to display the information for the entire day. Thanks,

Tom

•••
I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this...NP $ and Small $ Donations are available for help/custom scripting.

•••
This might do what you want...

http://www.scriptdungeon.com/script.php?ScriptID=629

NP$l would be appreciated if you find it useful...

Can't seem to get on his site. Actually if you download any of the calendar programs that have an admin/MYSQL or flat file setup, I can write you up a custom PHP include to read from that file that you can put on your site. Let me know...

•••
Ok, thanks for the link! ;) It looks like something that could work. I will definitely donate some NP $, if the script is what I need. (when I can finally access that site)

•••
I checked the link out it say's bandwidth exceeded, it should reset at the beginning of the month so I guess you can test it out in a couple of days.

•••
Ya, thats what I was planning on doing.

•••
If it doesn't work out for you, let me know. We can figure something out for you. I did a couple such blocks for the Manor from a couple script databases.

Last edited:
•••
sunken said:
If it doesn't work out for you, let me know. We can figure something out for you. I did a couple such blocks for the Manor from a couple script databases.

I sent you a pm...

•••
i will create this custom script for $25 and have it done within 24 of you saying ok. Private message me, payment through paypal.

Thanks,
Cody

•••
axilant said:
i will create this custom script for $25 and have it done within 24 of you saying ok. Private message me, payment through paypal.

Thanks,
Cody

No thanks right now, I am going to try some of my other options.

•••
•••
Wanda, thanks for the link, but thats not what I am looking for. I already have all the information, I just need a script to display it on my website. Thanks,

Tom

•••
I think what you need...if your still looking for help is...

make a file with variables set up like dates and on each date put the fact. Then include that on the page you want to print the facts. Then do something like

Code:
$date = [whateverthedatething/function thing is];

echo $date

I think that will make it so it will print whatever you have under $[date] show up bt im not sure

•••
Ok, thanks for your help Dan. I'll see what I can do with it tonight.

Tom

•••
Here, try this, this should work as needed:

PHP:
<?php
// find todays date
$tdate = date("F-j");

// Make the format Browser Friendly :-)
$sdate = str_replace("-"," ",$tdate);

// change the string to lowercase for the URL
$ldate = strtolower($tdate);

?>
<html>
<head>
<title>This Day In History <?php echo "$sdate"; ?></title>
</head>
<body>
<!-- Insert your header here -->
<center><h1>Today (<?php echo "$sdate"; ?>) in History</h1></center>
<!-- End Header -->
<?
if ($ldate == "january-1") {
	?>
	<!--Put your events of this date in history in HTML format here -->
	<? }
elseif ($ldate == "june-25") {
	?>
	<center>June 25, 2005 - This script was made</center>
	<?}
	// You can continue on with all of the date,  I didnt want to fill up a lot of space on Namepros. ;-)
	?>
<!--Insert your html footer below this line -->
<center><h3>Thanks For Viewing</h3><center>
<!-- End the Header -->
</body>
</html>

I have a working copy running on http://devagent.com/scripts/dateinhistory.php

Let me know if you need anything else...

-Steve

•••
wouldnt it be easier to just write as flat file and exploade it to a database then call the info from the dbase to a page? seems pretty simple...:)

•••
Jeter,
R U using PHPNUKE or CPG?
Both have that block to use?
RickyG

PS...Hows the yanks...snicker...

•••
skrilla said:
wouldnt it be easier to just write as flat file and exploade it to a database then call the info from the dbase to a page? seems pretty simple...:)

Thats whatI was thinking, but I do not know PHP, so I don't know.

Tom

RickyG said:
Jeter,
R U using PHPNUKE or CPG?
Both have that block to use?
RickyG

PS...Hows the yanks...snicker...

No, I am not using either of these, and don't plan on using them.

Tom

stscac said:
Here, try this, this should work as needed:

PHP:
<?php
// find todays date
$tdate = date("F-j");

// Make the format Browser Friendly :-)
$sdate = str_replace("-"," ",$tdate);

// change the string to lowercase for the URL
$ldate = strtolower($tdate);

?>
<html>
<head>
<title>This Day In History <?php echo "$sdate"; ?></title>
</head>
<body>
<!-- Insert your header here -->
<center><h1>Today (<?php echo "$sdate"; ?>) in History</h1></center>
<!-- End Header -->
<?
if ($ldate == "january-1") {
	?>
	<? }
elseif ($ldate == "june-25") {
	?>
	<center>June 25, 2005 - This script was made</center>
	<?}
	// You can continue on with all of the date,  I didnt want to fill up a lot of space on Namepros. ;-)
	?>
<!--Insert your html footer below this line -->
<center><h3>Thanks For Viewing</h3><center>
<!-- End the Header -->
</body>
</html>

I have a working copy running on http://devagent.com/scripts/dateinhistory.php

Let me know if you need anything else...

-Steve

Thank you very very much! I am going to install that right now, and then send some NP $ your way for this great script.

Tom

•••
all you have to know with the code I have written is html - and you can every use dreamweaver to wysiwyg the design and put it in

I'll even finish all the dates so you dont even have to deal with PHP at all for NP$

-Steve

•••
stscac said:
all you have to know with the code I have written is html - and you can every use dreamweaver to wysiwyg the design and put it in

I'll even finish all the dates so you dont even have to deal with PHP at all for NP$

-Steve

Ya, I think I can see how you set it up, and will just continue it on for now. Thank you very much!

Tom

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back