Dynadot

information Important Info while transferring domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Satyajit Adhikary

Top Member
Impact
I have recently received the VIP badge, but found myself struggling with some very newbie doubts.

I wonder how I didn't notice it earlier.
Let's cut to the chase:

I). Do Afternic and Sedo remove your domains from their marketplace when u transfer a domain to another registrar?

II). Is there a 60 day lock-in period when you transfer your domain to a new registrar?

III). Is it worth saving 2-3 dollars per domain (by transferring) if you have to relist your domains in Afternic and Sedo every year?

Iv). Even if you have 2000 to 5000 domains, is saving $2-$3 per domain (by transferring) worth it when you have to wait for the 60 days lock for Sedo MLS or Afternic DLS every year.

V). Is the 60 days lock applicable when there is a change in ownership or change in registrar?

Please share your knowledge on these

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I) I don't think so. They do that to prove you own the domain when it's listed only.

II) It's not required by ICANN (to my knowledge). Some do. Some don't. Some make it optional.

III) You don't need to relist every year on Sedo/Afternic. So yes. If you can save $2-$3/domain every year then it could be a big saving. But why do this every year? Why not go to the cheapest providers just once. Like Epik or NameBright. Then this would be a non-problem.

IV) I wasn't aware that Sedo/Afternic had such a rule. But cash in you pocket is definitely better than potential lost revenue. But see III) above. You just need to find the cheapest registrar which is a member of both Sedo/Afternic networks.

V) See II) above for change of Registrar. And change of name follows the same answer.

One proviso. Cheap isn't necessarily best. The cheap registrar might have lots of quirks/downtime. You need to choose a reliable register that you like and can depend on. IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back