Domain Empire

Important! Important! Driver Space Critical

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Can anyone tell me what would be causing this? I keep getting these emails. I contacted HostGator last Friday about another email with the same issue but after staying on the phone for about 30 minutes he told me everythings fine and not to worry. I have 2 drivers 500 gigs each.

Drive Critical: /dev/sda3 (/var/named/chroot/var/run/dbus) is 94% full

ALSO
IMPORTANT: Do not ignore this email.

The hostname (hexl.hexl.com) resolves to 173.193.XX.XX. It should
resolve to 173.193.**.**. Please be sure to correct /etc/hosts as
well as the 'A' entry in zone file for the domain.

Some are all of these problems can be caused by /etc/resolv.conf
being setup incorrectly. Please check this file if you believe
everything else is correct.

You may be able to automatically correct this problem by using the
'Add an A entry for your hostname' option under 'Dns Functions' in
your Web Host Manager.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks for the link I'll check it out. Got up to 99% last night. Hostgator support got it down to 65%

•••
Did they say what the actual cause was?

•••
It's usually log files and weekly backups on my servers that take up all that space. You might want to check your log rotation settings and backup frequency. Another possibility is PHP error_log files are piling up if error logging is not disabled in php.ini. If there are other system errors, sometimes there might be a lot of core dumps spread throughout various directories on the hard drives. Those can add up. They are files that have a series of numbers followed by a .core extension (ex: 13823.core).

•••
Bezazz they did finally get it down to around 67% and if I understood it right they compressed some files. I just can't believe anything I have in there uses up that much space.

Thanks Vectro, I do keep getting an error telling me the ip addresses are configured wrong.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back