NameSilo

I'm new on namePros. Hello!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DotKing

Top Member
Impact
Hello all!

This is my first post. I want to introduce myself a bit and recieve some feedback. I want to know if I'm on the right track in my new hobby. While I was learning about domain names past few months I often visited NamePros for some valuable info and domainers experience. HUGE thank you for that guys!

My first language is not English and please excuse me for my mistakes.
I'm from Croatia (Europe), I'm a web developer with 15+ years of experience and have a job (which now suffers a bit because of this new "hobby" :) No much past experience in domaining.

What I have tried and learned so far in chronological order:
  • At first, I acted impulsive and hand-regged few ".me" domains (I just saw they are also selling good), tried Flippa Auction immediately - 0 watchers and 0 bids, few viewers
  • ok, now I need .com domains - similar hand-reg mistakes, lost much time searching at GD domains that are free to register (wasn't aware yet of aftermarket domains and expiring domains, drops etc)
  • Then I read A LOT about domaining and I was exploring marketplaces and so on
  • My conclusion was that brandable domains and two-word domains that well describes website are the most convenient choice for me to begin with. Only .com domains.
  • Since then I'm aquiring names slowly (have around 20 domains atm)
  • some names are well aged, and some of them are accepted on BrandBucket
  • Made my portfolio page and landing pages for all domains, with some simple logos made just to look better

So these are the names I aquired so far (all .com) in last 2 months

D o T o o l s (BB)
W e b s i t e S e c r e t s (1997)
A s p G u r u (2003)
I n f o D o t s (2001)
G o l f W h o l e s a l e r (2000)
R o u t e L a b s (BB)
M a n u L a b s (BB)
F o l i o L a b s (BB)
B r a v e S a l e s (1998)
E V d e a l e r (2001)
M i n i B a c k u p (2002)
t a r s y
f u n z z l e
P e a r l I n d u s t r i e s
M i a m i B o u t i q u e s
M a k e u p Q u o t e s (I will probably develop this one myself, many exact keyword matches and nice niche for affiliate programs)

I am not yet confident and your feedback would mean world to me in this moment.

Thank you guys, see you around!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Welcome to NamePros! Good set of .com domains to start with ...

•••
Welcome aboard!

Nice intro & nice domains you have there! (y)

•••
•••
•••
Hey @talking.domains

Welcome to NP, hope you njoy ur stay and all the best with ur domaining adventures.

You have some decent domains there... nicely done! :)

Good luck dude!

•••
•••
Nice Intro...hello and welcome!

•••
•••
Welcome aboard! We hope you will have an amazing time working with us. :cigar:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back