Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

If not .com or .net, what?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Epic

VIP Member
Impact
87
whats the best extension if you can't get a .com or .net?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
.info or .Cn
 
0
•••
Without a doubt .org for me; I find .info clumsy and .us restricting (it is a country domain after all- we're not all in the US).

My top website is a .org, and so I have a soft spot for it!
 
0
•••
.org much older and familiar than .info, .info never looked like a real extension, I don't know why everyone goes for it. Then, as always it depends from the kindo f website u are going to develop.
 
0
•••
.ORG or .INFO

But that's me.
 
0
•••
.org, .info, .co.uk, .us
 
0
•••
.info for me :]
 
0
•••
Definitely .org. Well, I used to work mainly with org.ua - they are free to register for me :). I also have to keep in mind .ru .com.ua and in very exclusive conditions .su (too expensive)
 
0
•••
after com and net i will go with info :) i love infos
 
0
•••
.org for now!
Maybe .info in the future!
 
0
•••
I usually go for the .us or .info :)


-Eric
 
1
•••
.co.uk, .org, .us
 
0
•••
suppose I wanted to sell elecric shavers internationally and I had the option of .info or .org or .biz. Which would I want to register? well .info looks the weakest here. dot biz looks more appropriate but the .biz extension sometimes does not impress. dot org is meant to be for non-profit orgs, but then .com is supposed to be for commercial. I would here go for the .org as it looks quite a respectable (less flighty) extension.
 
0
•••
Had the Internet been redesigned today, it would be an equal split between .BIZ (business, B2B) and .CON (consumers, B2C).

Does this answer the question? :)
 
0
•••
.gov
like tekz999.gov
or .edu
like tekz999.edu

XD
 
0
•••
tekz999 said:
.gov
like tekz999.gov
or .edu
like tekz999.edu

XD

Funny Tek...dream on!
Unless you want to start your own university or government...in that case, sign me up. :lol:
 
0
•••
Give an example , you will get better suggestions.
 
0
•••
um i dont wanna sound strange, but in my opion it would be a .xxx
 
0
•••
.co.uk and .Org IMHO. I buy .infos if im stuck for cash and i can find a good one.
 
0
•••
.org, and .us
 
0
•••
well, probably the most interesting option (if and when possible) would be .int :)
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back