domains iAF.com left to expire closes at $43,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
iAF.com was left to expire at Uniregistry and closed at $43,000 at GoDaddy auctions. The domain name was owned by Mrs Jello LLC, the company founded by the late Igal Lichtman. It’s mind boggling to me that he has been gone for 8 years already. iAF.com was registered in 1995 and was dropped one time […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Clearly @Paul Nicks has a bonus structure that rewards him for allowing high-value domains to expire. Say it ain't so, Paul.

•••
I am kind of disgusted with this, allowing a well known investor's assets to expire and a registrar profiting off this name, and others with obvious value that have been allowed to expire.

Has anyone at GoDaddy or Uniregistry reached out to his family to try and help them out, in at least understanding the value of domains like this or help with brokering them? This type of thing should not be allowed to happen.

The system, as is, is a massive conflict of interest.

Brad

In 2016, Berryhill rep. Mrs. Jello in Case No. D2016-1199 Loading.com

Last edited:
•••
In 2016, Berryhill rep. Mrs. Jello in Case No. D2016-1199 Loading.com

Someone has mismanaged his estate. It is just a shame what happened to his assets after so much time, effort, and money went into acquiring them.

Brad

•••
Someone has mismanaged his estate. It is just a shame what happened to his assets after so much time, effort, and money went into acquiring them.

Brad

I'm tired of alarming x ppl about... "domain expiring in x days, minutes" ... "registrar moving to auction" etc., but in this case, I was expecting to see; sorry t "owner renewed @ last min". I don't have indirect or direct contact, otherwise I will be on the phone shouting "renew now".

Regards

Last edited:
•••
When the expired process was designed, it did not include these "pre-release" auctions in the domain life cycle.

We should collectively give efforts to change this practice, so that the registrars are forced to give the original "owner" a fair share of these "pre-release" auctions. This can be done involving ICANN. However, to be honest though, all it needs is a business decision by a renowned company to start such a thing. The rest will fall in line, because otherwise they'll lose valuable customers.

•••
Was the so called organization "ica" working for registrant rights sleeping . Why couldn't they help the relatives of deceased owner.
Or do ica act only when they get 50000 usd donation/bribe.

Last edited:
•••
I'm tired of alarming x ppl about... "domain expiring in x days, minutes" ... "registrar moving to auction" etc., but in this case, I was expecting to see; sorry t "owner renewed @ last min". I don't have indirect or direct contact, otherwise I will be on the phone shouting "renew now".

Regards
Why didn't u post about it here asking if anyone knows the contact details of Mrs Jello to alert them. The fact is most of you just act to show sympathy whereas in real you all want to grab these high value domains for reseller pricing.
I know that some of the ethical domainers do care for people loosing their domain but they are only very few. I have my respect for the people who saved carrot.com from expired auctions and then helped the owner to sell it.
Personally I alerted the owner of gurugram.com domain name when it expired

Last edited:
•••
If there were no "pre-release" auctions then it would be more money for companies like Dropcatch. Probably the niche would be larger with more players in it. And if there somehow were no companies like Dropcatch then the domains would be re-registered by certain (lucky) people who then would not give them away for free but ask for money in exchange. Thats pure evil. I can't believe such people can even exist... oh wait...

•••
Why didn't u post about it here asking if anyone knows the contact details of Mrs Jello to alert them. The fact is most of you just act to show sympathy whereas in real you all want to grab these high value domains for reseller pricing.
I know that some of the ethical domainers do care for people loosing their domain but they are only very few. I have my respect for the people who saved carrot.com from expired auctions and then helped the owner to sell it.

He respects people’s privacy, TF?
@Lox is a good dude.
He posts many informative threads.

Dont post the screenshots.
# Burden of Proof is on you.

It was on private, Lox respected wishes.
It’s sad, the domain contact on privacy;
Maybe if it was public, your BS wouldnt hold.
Nobody has to do anything, or prove anything.

Good on Godaddy doing the bare minimum —
Inform them your LLL.com is expiring.
Not good look for whomever advising them.
I dont want to know who... Squandered all $$. Hopefully, less of these, happens in the future.

Last edited:
•••

I never buy domains listed on GD nor GD or NJ Auction. So, being alerted about the 3L com “expiring” @ Uni/GD, I just delete the alert. Also knowingly I didn’t reacted cos there’s plenty of people who have been in touch with the owner.

You don’t need to worry about my behavior or ethics. In your “case” I didn’t disclose anything to any party involved about the nature of your business history, life, docs that are still available on the internet (you should delete it ASAP) etc. And I will continue to keep the business business.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
@Lox is a good dude.

That’s the best way @Samer. The Respect is the backbone of the business and lifestyle. No respects? Things are going to be a very...

Thanks

Regards

•••
I think Epik has the best approach to this problem (people not being around to renew their names) with their lifetime renewal plan. you pay once and they keep the name for you (or your loved ones if you are not alive anymore) forever.
now that is the type of behaviour that shows the registrar really cares about clients more than money.

•••
I never buy domains listed on GD nor GD or NJ Auction. So, being alerted about the 3L com “expiring” @ Uni/GD, I just delete the alert. Also knowingly I didn’t reacted cos there’s plenty of people who have been in touch with the owner.

You don’t need to worry about my behavior or ethics. In your “case” I didn’t disclose anything to any party involved about the nature of your business history, life, docs that are still available on the internet (you should delete it ASAP) etc. And I will continue to keep the business business.

Regards
please dont worry about me and my business ethics. i can handle that. also dont worry about the docs available on internet. if they are true then i am ready to bear the consequences else you all will see what happens in future.

•••
@Lox is a good dude.
He posts many informative threads.

Dont post the screenshots.
# Burden of Proof is on you.

It’s sad, the domain contact on privacy;
Maybe if it was public, your BS wouldnt hold.
Nobody has to do anything, or prove anything.

Good on Godaddy doing the bare minimum —
Inform them your LLL.com is expiring.
Not good look for whomever advising them.
I dont want to know who... Squandered all $$. Hopefully, less of these, happens in the future.
he might be a saint in his personal life. i dont mind. i just asked that if he knew the contact details of mrs jello , he should have alerted them.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back