IT.COM

question I want to know if there are registrars that support domain tasting

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mohvvmed

Impact
I have over 10,000 domains I want to register for less than $1 each for at least one day, and in batches like 500 or 1000 each day.
Do you know of any registrars that offer domain tasting services, or registrars I can talk to and discuss the matter with together؟

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have over 10,000 domains I want to register for less than $1 each for at least one day, and in batches like 500 or 1000 each day.

I'd imagine any registrar willing to extend a deal would want to know what 10,000 domains registered for 1 day will be used for.

As this could be used for malicious purposes such as using the domains to create catch all email address and mass password resetting accounts previously connected to that domain, be it domain accounts or elsewhere.

Sav allows you to grace delete up to 10% of your total domains with a full refund, perhaps you can find somebody with 100,000 domains at Sav which would grant them 10,000 free grace deletes that would be willing to help. 😐

Dynadot' charges $3 per grace delete.

Epik used to charge less than $1 for domain tasting. I dont imagine they have enough domains still registered their registrar to support this anymore.

What's the cheapest no limit domain tasting you've been able to find?

Last edited:
•••
I'm afraid to use epik so much so they don't think it's wrong. I want a platform that allows this to be legal.

•••
Not what you think, this amount in a day
But at least over the course of a year
I just want to register approximately 200 to 100 domains per day and be willing to pay, for example, $0.5 or $1 for each domain.
I'd imagine any registrar willing to extend a deal would want to know what 10,000 domains registered for 1 day will be used for.

As this could be used for malicious purposes such as using the domains to create catch all email address and mass password resetting accounts previously connected to that domain, be it domain accounts or elsewhere.

Sav allows you to grace delete up to 10% of your total domains with a full refund, perhaps you can find somebody with 100,000 domains at Sav which would grant them 10,000 free grace deletes that would be willing to help. 😐

Dynadot' charges $3 per grace delete.

Epik used to charge less than $1 for domain tasting. I dont imagine they have enough domains still registered their registrar to support this anymore.

What's the cheapest no limit domain tasting you've been able to find?

•••
Gosh, domain tasting. For a moment I thought an old backup of the forum had been restored.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Domain Tasting was normally used for finding out if the domain gets (type-in or other type of) traffic, What's your use here?

•••
If you do find a registrar that allows this, please don't misuse the "tasting." You could l load such domains to the marketplaces, verifying them. And even if you drop them that week after the "tasting, " the listing would likely still remain there as "verified." You would have to be very concientious about removing such listings yourself, as marketplaces in general do not appear to have a mechanism to automatically remove domains that are no longer registered.

Integrity matters.

Domain Tasting was normally used for finding out if the domain gets (type-in or other type of) traffic, What's your use here?

Yes, perhaps our opening poster has a far more interesting use in mind?

Last edited:
•••
If you do find a registrar that allows this, please don't misuse the "tasting." You could l load such domains to the marketplaces, verifying them. And even if you drop them that week after the "tasting, " the listing would likely still remain there as "verified." You would have to be very concientious about removing such listings yourself, as marketplaces in general do not appear to have a mechanism to automatically remove domains that are no longer registered.

Integrity matters.

Yes, perhaps our opening poster has a far more interesting use in mind?

Very good point, adding to backlog 😂

•••
Very good point, adding to backlog 😂

"Domain tasting" could be used to do the upfront verification on a domain for a marketplace listing. In effect, it could be a creative way to list many unregistered domains on a marketplace that would be deemed and labeled "verified," even if the actual registration was dropped the next day.

Last year, there were two large aftermarkets where I found, on spot checks, that 20% and 60% of the listings were not even registered domains. The assumption was that the listings had expired and were never removed. Now I wonder if "domain tasting" is an additional part of the issue.

And now, as an additional twist, a distinct "verified label" is being shown for listings that have completed the initial check on some marketplaces. Unless a marketplace has ongoing monitoring for subsequent registration changes, that label would then presumably be presented indefinitely --even if the registrant dropped the domain right after that initial verification.

So "domain tasting" may provide a creative domain marketplace verification loophole?

Again, though, I sincerely hope our opening poster has a different use in mind.

Last edited:
•••
Did domains taste different back in the day?
Hi

quite a few of the domains i tried back then, tasted pretty good.
there wasn't as many leftovers, like there are today. :)

imo...

•••
Hi

quite a few of the domains i tried back then, tasted pretty good.
there wasn't as many leftovers, like there are today. :)

imo...
Sounds like it was a real buffet back then. Were they usually fully refundable back in the good 'ol days?

And do you know of any completely free "domain tastings" nowadays, which is what the original poster was seeking?

•••
Sounds like it was a real buffet back then. Were they usually fully refundable back in the good 'ol days?

And do you know of any completely free "domain tastings" nowadays, which is what the original poster was seeking?
Hi

it was more like a feast with open bar.
the overture tool provided the leads and for me, very few if any names, had requests for refunds.

today, nobody is going to let you taste for free.
you might find a loophole here and there for a domain or two but doing unlimited/bulk regs/refunds certainly will have a cost.

imo...

•••

Things have changed today, remember it used to be the oGTLDs. Now with the arrival of a ton of new TLDs (1591 tlds https://namegulf.com/tld as of this writing) and more arriving in 2026, the pool has widely expanded.

If someone wants to take tasting to the extreme, they may even create a TLD of his own (of course ICANN has to approve first) and create an infinite amount of names on that TLD, just a wild thought.

•••
Go to Costco. They don’t have domain but they do have free food tasting.

•••
It's important to note that domain tasting practices are no longer popular, with few registrars openly supporting them. It's important to research and reach out to registrars directly to discuss such specific requirements and ensure compliance with legal and ethical standards in domain registration practices.

Last edited:
•••
It's important to note that domain tasting practices are no longer popular, with few registrars openly supporting them. It's important to research and reach out to registrars directly to discuss such specific requirements and ensure compliance with legal and ethical standards in domain registration practices.
LOL The Chatgpt expert!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back