Dynadot

question I need help to park new domains - Best parking system

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

OnlineDomainShop

ETHW.ComTop Member
Impact
HI , I have 20+ domains and I want to park them all so I can earn few bucks from them , Please suggest me best parking system-free so far and tutorial how to use it , Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When you park your domain, visitors to your site will see a temporary Web page when they enter your domain name into their browser. Parking your domain simply means you are putting it on hold until you create your website, find a hosting provider, sell it, etc.

The steps for parking differ slightly depending on if your domain is registered with GoDaddy or another company. Use the table below based on your situation and follow those directions.

•••
just because you have some domains, doesn't mean they will earn anything, if you park them.

but only way to know, is after you do

go to all of them and READ their TOS.

the only thing you have to do is choose one, list your names and change your domains' nameservers to their nameservers.

imo....

•••
Did you registered the domains simply because you want to park them? That was old system of domaining. But the biz now is to reg, park and wait for buyers to come. Simple.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Don't bother. Parking domains & hoping to monetize their traffic has been dead for years. Either develop your domains and try to sell the developed website, or make your own For Sale parking page and hope for offers.

•••
Don't bother. Parking domains & hoping to monetize their traffic has been dead for years. Either develop your domains and try to sell the developed website, or make your own For Sale parking page and hope for offers.

kinda contrary statement, seeing your user name is "Type-in Domains", as those are typically the type of names, that generate the most consistent parking revenue.

imo....

•••
No, on the contrary to your "kinda contrary", Biggie. Type-in names that have a keyword phrase that describes a retail end user's website / business gives them all the direct navigation traffic from savvy potential customers that looking for exactly that... and they take the time to "type it in".

kinda contrary statement, seeing your user name is "Type-in Domains", as those are typically the type of names, that generate the most consistent parking revenue.

imo....

•••
No, on the contrary to your "kinda contrary", Biggie. Type-in names that have a keyword phrase that describes a retail end user's website / business gives them all the direct navigation traffic from savvy potential customers that looking for exactly that... and they take the time to "type it in".

what i found to be contrary is your user name versus this statement below:

Don't bother. Parking domains & hoping to monetize their traffic has been dead for years.

parking is not dead!

imo...

•••
Okay... maybe not "dead"... but most definitely nowhere near what it used to be. I used to make 10 to 20 times what it eventually slid down to... no matter which top rated monetizing services I used, even the best... InternetTraffic. If you're still doing well... like it used to be... then a BIG CONGRATULATIONS!

My username is the same as my website where I have all my names for sale only... preferably to retail end users. I gave up on monetizing a couple of years ago, and have recently decided to totally "retire" from the domain name industry. Too many people and services involved now, and way too much work for the return. My sincere compliments to anyone still doing well.

what i found to be contrary is your user name versus this statement below:

parking is not dead!

imo...

•••
Long ago, In the early days of monetizing domain name traffic, there were only a few monetizing services, so whichever service you used had many advertisers, and PPC advertising was all the rage for advertisers... and a real money maker! Then more and more monetizing services appeared to get their share of the pot of gold! They very actively pursued advertisers, often offering less, to much less cost per click. As they did, the percentages of advertisers per service very rapidly slid down to where the shares of the available advertisers per monetizing service declined to where no service was doing anywhere near what it used to.

At the same time, many savvy advertisers started taking advantage of "direct navigation" by buying and registering domain names with keywords, and keyword phrases, that matched the purpose of their business and website, and either forwarded the "type-in" traffic to their website, or made very specific splash pages with links to their main website or websites. Developers also started buying and registering domain names with specific keywords, and keyword phrases, and made landing pages, directories, etc. where they sell advertising to each select group of very specific target businesses, niches, etc... even further severely cutting down the number advertisers per monetization service.

Lesson: Ya gotta keep on top of advancements and changes, and revise your business model accordingly. A VERY good example is: Many years ago, in the late 1980's, when I was general manager of a thriving company in Southern California, I did all the marketing, advertising, and even much of the related designing. I used to drive back and forth to an excellent little one-woman typesetting shop, when all typesetting was done manually on very expensive machines. I warned her as desktop computing was developing, that she should not "keep all her eggs in one basket"! However, she spent another like $24,000 for a newer machine, just before Microsoft and Apple came out with TrueType for the Mac and Windows, and very soon made all typesetting shops obsolete... a thing of the past... and she very soon LOST all her business, all her investment... and eventually, her home! Adapt, or perish!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back