IT.COM

I Need Advice Urgently

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
This not domain, but is a clear case of internet fraud.

I breed and show champion Pomeranians. I also breed rare white pomeranians and I am the only breeder with white Pomeranians in Australia.White Pomeranians are in big demand and I ship them worldwide.

yesterday I was browsing dog sites , { as I am looking to develop my 200 pet names] and by chance found a couple of photos stolen from my website on a pet portal [ nextdaypets.com]. The photos had a caption saying that these puppies where for sale and gave an email address. I watermark most photos and my watermark had been covered over with a badly done red heart.

I emailed and asked the price was quoted u.s.$1800- and $500- to ship to Australia [ this is closer to u.s.$2000- and dogs cant come to australia without 6 months of titre testing]. I know all this because I have imported 5 dogs from the states. I ordered 3 to get this person excited.

The seller verified that i would be getting the actual dogs pictured on the site by email an sent me a paypal bill to pay for these dogs. I also download ed the page onto to my harddrive in case the advert was changed.

One of the actual dogs I am "buying" is here now at my feet wagging her tail , is no longer a puppy but an older dog.

I researched the net and found that these people are Bapist minsisters in georgia. Bit of a shock

This is a clear case of fraud.

I am in Australia, so it is difficult how can I report these people.

The website was contacted but no reply and the site looks like one that does not worry what sort of adverts as long as they get paying customers and have notices to clear themselves.

Help, people after receiving the paypal request I have not replied.

Thanks everyone in advance. :-/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it's a US based company , and there was any "fraud" committed ... I'd say contact their local "Better Business Bureau".

http://www.bbb.org/

•••
•••
many thanks for your help

Many thanks for your help.

I am looking at these sites now.

Thanks

•••
Another company to issue a fraud statement to would be PayPal. I know you have not paid them yet through PayPal, but it was an attempted fraud that uses PayPal as their payment gateway.

Never know, they may already have scammed someone else using PayPal and it just has not been reported yet ... and if it has, then another report to PayPal will speed up the investigations.

Other than PayPal, all you can do is report them to US federal entities as mentioned above.

•••
•••
Call up their local news agencies and see if you can get one of them to BUST them in a story. It would make for good local headlines and quite possibly ruin them.

•••
I've had a similiar issue before. If it is a smaller city, try calling the local police department. In my case, I found them an invaluable resource. They paid a house visit to my fraudster. The fraudster probably wet his bed having cops show up at his front door and corrected his wrong against me that day.

Did the seller claim AKC or any other organization? If so, try contacting those organizations.

•••
...Interesting!

Read "Terms" http://nextdaypets.com/terms.aspx

5. Next Day Pets, L.L.C. (www.nextdaypets.com) is only a venue.

5.1 Overview. The Site acts as a venue for communication between potential buyers and sellers electronically. The Company is not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. As a result, the Company has no control over any aspects of the listings, the truth or accuracy of the listings, or the ability of sellers to complete the transaction or the ability of buyers to complete the transaction or the statements or feedback added to The Site about or concerning your business or business practices. Listings, feedback or any other material posted on the Site do not imply an endorsement by the Company.

•••
my problem is I am in Australia

If they where in Australia as well I would be able to do something about it.
There contact details are Marty Wilkes (912) 384-5494 1155 Walker St W, Douglas, GA 31533

Go to the right hand side of this web page and look for "[email protected]". Then you'll have his name, address, phone number, and his job..............but you might be surprised at his job.

http://www.mainstreetdouglas.com/crossroads/

The advert had the location as

Phone:
912-260-1160

I have received a reply from paypal, at least they aknowledged my email.
" Thank you for contacting PayPal, my name is Zurisha and I am happy to assist you today.

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I apologize that you have ran into a problem with one of our clients. We will investigate this and verify your statement. If you need anything else, let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Zurisha
PayPal, an eBay Company

PayPal Australia Pty Limited.
Copyright © 1999-2007 PayPal. All rights reserved.
PayPal Australia Pty Limited ABN 93 111 195 389 (PPA).

PPA has an intermediary authorisation from PayPal, Inc. (ARBN 111 900 906)
(PPI) which holds an Australian Financial Services Licence, number 283443.
Any general financial product advice provided in this email is provided by PPA as an authorised representative (no: 296034) of PPI and has not taken into account your objectives, financial situations or needs.
"

wisconsin said:
...Interesting!

Read "Terms" http://nextdaypets.com/terms.aspx

5. Next Day Pets, L.L.C. (www.nextdaypets.com) is only a venue.

5.1 Overview. The Site acts as a venue for communication between potential buyers and sellers electronically. The Company is not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. As a result, the Company has no control over any aspects of the listings, the truth or accuracy of the listings, or the ability of sellers to complete the transaction or the ability of buyers to complete the transaction or the statements or feedback added to The Site about or concerning your business or business practices. Listings, feedback or any other material posted on the Site do not imply an endorsement by the Company.

Yes the site is not good. 99% of the puppies listed for sale are very bad quality or it is just a blatant scam.

This site now has a Photo of another Pomeranian - this one is from Canada listed for sale. the owner of the dog knows nothing about the site or the advert. Someone is just using a nice photo. I dont know if there is an actual dog for sale or not, either way it is a scam and gives all dog breeders a bad name.

I only know Pomeranians, but I am sure the other breeds will be similarily affected by scams.

Non doggie people dont realize that dog breeders can look at a photo of a dog of there breed and know immediately from which lines that dog originated.

Anway folks. if anyone here at namepros wants to buy a pet via the internet. be very careful and if you need any help just p.m. me.

Thanks everyone

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back