Dynadot

I like the new design a lot but ...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
it could be improved.

1. I don't like the blue tone in the default skin (clean skin). I find it annoying because it is such an old fashioned blue. The blue in the 'not facebook' skin is much better.

But there are too many problems with the 'not facebook' skin. The page width is too low, the font size is too small, the avatar don't work properly, some user info under avatars is missing.

Can you please just get rid of the 'not facebook' skin. Then create a copy of the 'clean' skin and only change the blue tone.

Check this picture:
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2735/50796838.gif

2. The font size is too small. Increase the default font size. The 'master' skin has a good font size. Can you use that font size for all skins please?

3. On the homepage, remove the tabbed view in for all skins.

4. Site width changes too much according the selected skin. Can you please make it so that all skins use the same width as the master skin?

5. Can you give users an option to increase all font sizes at once. Do you use em in your CSS?. This would make it easier.

Cheers
Erdinc

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think the upgrade is great, but you're right, they need to get the themes thing squared away... this is ridiculous.

•••
I'm happy to see there is some improvement on NP' design . I like the new blue tone.

If you could now only improve a few more details:

1. There is a skin called "child of namepros clean". Get rid of that skin.

2. On the home page get rid of the tabs. The tabs don't make this site more organised. They make it difficult to use since you have a feeling of missing something unless you check what is inside each tab. Especially the first tab "marketplace" is a bad idea. There are too many things inside that tab that you couldn't guess only by reading the name of the tab. This forces you to open the tab and check to see what is inside. The problem is you can't remember all the sections inside there just by looking at the name. The contact us tab makes more sense since you don't have to open it to see what is inside.

3. Increase the default font size. A tiny font size doesn't make the website look more smart. It just makes it less accessible. Many people keep their flat panel monitors on the far side of their desk.

(ignore this as it is outdated) 4. Create some new skins where the only difference are the colours and everything else is the same. The red is too aggressive. It would be nice if you could keep everything the same and change only the red to another colour. It could be like this:

clean: blue+red (default)
clean2: blue+grey
clean3: blue+light blue

Last edited:
•••
There is some improvement since yesterday. Because nobody from namepros is posting here I think it is just coincidence that some of the improvements are things that I mentioned.

Increasing the site width was a good idea. Also giving up on the red incons/buttons and using white was a good idea too. I have also seen recently that you experimented with some web 2.0 style shiny icons and then gave up. Don't use those shiny or red icons/buttons. It works fine as it is now. Just keep looking at facebook for inspiration. Lol.

There are a few more details to improve:

1. check the picture below.
2. The font of namepros logo isn't very good. Why don't you just post in the design contest section for an update of namepros logo. All the namepros designers would do this for free including myself.
3. On the home page get rid of the tabs. The tabs don't make this site more organised. They make it difficult to use since you have a feeling of missing something unless you check what is inside each tab. Especially the first tab "marketplace" is a bad idea. There are too many things inside that tab that you couldn't guess only by reading the name of the tab. This forces you to open the tab and check to see what is inside. The problem is you can't remember all the sections inside there just by looking at the name. The contact us tab makes more sense since you don't have to open it to see what is inside.

4. Increase the default font size slightly.

23912939.jpg

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back