NameSilo

I just helped the guy who owns touchdown.com not lose his domain!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CWDigital

Adapt and OvercomeEstablished Member
Impact
I was surfing thru the redemption period domains at snapcheck and saw "Touchdown.com" was about to delete and I was like...f*ck that! I'm gonna call the dude and offer to buy it! So I called him and he had NO IDEA since he had it set-up for auto renewal at godaddy and he about had a stroke when he found out his info was outdated and he was about to lose the domain... he is getting his domain back now with them so it doesn not delete...now I am gonna broker it for him hopefully if he ever wants to sell it..can you imagine losing a domain like that? I might have jumped off a cliff if that was me! It must be worth at least a million! What do you guys think? :-/

Chris :kickass:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not a million but hundreds of thousands probabally.

•••
good move on your part, probably just made yourself a boatload. :tu:

•••
Ask him to compensate you handsomely :)

•••
Yeah I don't know if I should do that..you think ask him to pay me something just for saving the domain or to broker it's sale and make a commission? I just didnt want the domain to goto the sharks since I knew I would never be able to afford to win that drop auction..The guy was really nice too when I spoke with him, I felt bad he was about to lose it and had to tell him..I couldnt imagine letting someone lose that who was the OG owner..

•••
•••
superdealchris said:
Yeah I don't know if I should do that..you think ask him to pay me something just for saving the domain or to broker it's sale and make a commission? I just didnt want the domain to goto the sharks since I knew I would never be able to afford to win that drop auction..The guy was really nice too when I spoke with him, I felt bad he was about to lose it and had to tell him..I couldnt imagine letting someone lose that who was the OG owner..

Stop being morally correct and get rid of your concience. :lol: J/K

•••
That's really nice of you to do really, I'm pretty sure I would be greatful if such a thing happened to me. :)

•••
So he only have the domain but no hosting or parking? What is he gonna do with it then?

•••
I would definately make sure he would reward you in some way :)

•••
Even though it wasn't my domain I gave him some money. Look in your PM box :lol:

•••
•••
Eh. I told the guy his SecretAgent.com was dropping, and if he wanted to sell it, I'd buy it. He said... oh, no... no... I'm keeping it, thanks. And then promptly allowed it to continue dropping, until BuyDomains got it. I'm all embittered about "helping" folks out that way. I'll work up some positive energy again in the future sometime, but I think most times people lose domains for a reason. :P :D

~ Nexus

•••
Very nice of you, Chris! :)

•••
Re

Chris,

You're a better man than I am .. heh.. I would have looked at it like this.. a domain worth that much should be checked up on once in awhile, and if he couldn't bother to do that.. too bad for him.. ;) but that's just me.. and although I am a nice guy, I think anyone with a domain like that deserves to lose it if they don't keep an eye out for themselves.. I mean, it's an amazing domain, worth tons of $$.. i'd be watching that like a hawk..

Kudos to you though, you deserve a pat on the back ... (and a few bucks from the domain owner ?!)

•••
Nexus said:
Eh. I told the guy his SecretAgent.com was dropping, and if he wanted to sell it, I'd buy it. He said... oh, no... no... I'm keeping it, thanks. And then promptly allowed it to continue dropping, until BuyDomains got it. I'm all embittered about "helping" folks out that way. I'll work up some positive energy again in the future sometime, but I think most times people lose domains for a reason. :P :D

~ Nexus

Hi Guys,

Back when it was only Snapnames catching domain names I used to be on the phone all the time. Networksolutions.com would hold the names after they had expired two years before. I have had a few experiences where the owner said he didn't want the domain and would transfer it to me. In order to transfer the domain it had to be updated and payment brought current before the transfer to be completed. I paid the fees and the owners didn't follow through. The end of the story is all of those domains eventually dropped anyway and they went to Buydomains.com

In spite of my story, you made a nice gesture Chris..................

Cheers,

Showcase

•••
Thanks guys...of course the reason for my initial phone call was..."Oh I see you no longer need that old domain name, can I buy it from you?...and he was like ..."#@^#&$%&@#%@^$%&" What do you mean it's in redemption period?!?!?!!?? lol

•••
hostjunkies said:
Chris,

You're a better man than I am .. heh.. I would have looked at it like this.. a domain worth that much should be checked up on once in awhile, and if he couldn't bother to do that.. too bad for him.. ;) but that's just me.. and although I am a nice guy, I think anyone with a domain like that deserves to lose it if they don't keep an eye out for themselves.. I mean, it's an amazing domain, worth tons of $$.. i'd be watching that like a hawk..

Kudos to you though, you deserve a pat on the back ... (and a few bucks from the domain owner ?!)

Well...if he was not the ORIGINAL owner I would have never called him, I have a certain respect for the guys that had enough sense and insight to register these domains 10-12 years ago...when any of us could have got names like these all day....oh my GOD! if I could only go back..... :(

•••
showcase said:
In spite of my story, you made a nice gesture
I agree... hopefully I don't sound like too much of a curmudgeon. ;)

~ Nexus

•••
supredealchris said:
I just helped the guy who owns touchdown.com not lose his domain!
Help? you helped this guy?

•••
ConGratZ Chris :). Good soul

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back