Dynadot

I have many new gtld domains what is the best approach to start selling them?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dviraz

Impact
I'm not greedy about them and want to sell them quickly

those are my domains:
FOREX-TRADING.GURU
INVESTORS.GURU
ONLINE-BUSINESS.GURU
SELF-DEVELOPMENT.GURU
SMARTPHONES.GURU
TRADING-FOREX.GURU
TRADINGFOREX.GURU
BUY-VINTAGE.CLOTHING
CAR-INSURANCE.GURU
JOBHUNTER.GURU
REAL-ESTATE.HOLDINGS
SHOP-VINTAGE.CLOTHING
FINANCING.EQUIPMENT
SHIPPING.EQUIPMENT
SKYDIVING.EQUIPMENT
STORE.EQUIPMENT
CAR-INSURANCE.TODAY
FOREX-TRADING.TODAY
HOUSE-INSURANCE.TODAY
LIFE-INSURANCE.TODAY
LOSS-WEIGHT.TODAY
LOSSWEIGHT.TODAY
MAKEMONEY.TODAY
PAY-DAY.TODAY
PRAGUE.TODAY
SHANGHAI.TODAY
USD.TODAY
VENICE.TODAY
AFFORDABLE.DIAMONDS
CAMPINGS.EQUIPMENT
CLIMBINGS.EQUIPMENT
CONSTRUCTIONS.EQUIPMENT
PARKOUR.EQUIPMENT
SECURITYGUARD.EQUIPMENT
SPARRING.EQUIPMENT
VIDEOPRODUCTION.EQUIPMENT
ALBUQUERQUE.CAREERS
BALTIMORE.CAREERS
CHARLOTTE.CAREERS
CINCINNATI.CAREERS
DALLAS.CAREERS
DETROIT.CAREERS
ELPASO.CAREERS
FORTWORTH.CAREERS
INDIANAPOLIS.CAREERS
JACKSONVILLE.CAREERS
MEMPHIS.CAREERS
OKLAHOMACITY.CAREERS
SANANTONIO.CAREERS
SANDIEGO.CAREERS
SANFRANCISCO.CAREERS
SANJOSE.CAREERS
TUCSON.CAREERS

what would you think is the best approach for this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't see anything of value there.

•••
no value in
SKYDIVING.EQUIPMENT?
CAMPINGS.EQUIPMENT?
CLIMBINGS.EQUIPMENT?
CONSTRUCTIONS.EQUIPMENT?

and all the .careers to be authority on their city?

INVESTORS.GURU no value? I don't think so

•••
"make money today" has 1,600 global monthly searches in google, medium competition, and $2.29 suggested cpc.

•••
no value in REAL-ESTATE.HOLDINGS?

I don't think so

•••
Allow me to throw in some of my 2 cents here.
There is a huge influx of new gTLD and people are looking for the best of the best in their given extensions.

Part of the problem I see is that you have hyphenated names. That GREATLY reduces the value of a .COM name. In my opinion it makes any new gTLD names pretty much worthless.

Some of the other names you have are plural which again reduces the value of the name. Since we are dealing in gTLD extensions here... you start off at a disadvantage.
CAMPING(S).EQUIPMENT?
CLIMBING(S).EQUIPMENT?
CONSTRUCTION(S).EQUIPMENT?

Those are all plural names that really do not make sense phonetically and the fact that there is only about 9,200+/- "Equipment" domains sold right now (as compared to the 116 million .COMs).

I think do are not going to win with these domain selections here.
I would suggest that you take a breather, learn about the domain market before you spend any more $$$ on these domains.
Right now you are going to have to be in this for the long haul because flipping these domains *most likely* will not happen over night.

Just a thought.

•••
Allow me to throw in some of my 2 cents here.
There is a huge influx of new gTLD and people are looking for the best of the best in their given extensions.

Part of the problem I see is that you have hyphenated names. That GREATLY reduces the value of a .COM name. In my opinion it makes any new gTLD names pretty much worthless.

Some of the other names you have are plural which again reduces the value of the name. Since we are dealing in gTLD extensions here... you start off at a disadvantage.
CAMPING(S).EQUIPMENT?
CLIMBING(S).EQUIPMENT?
CONSTRUCTION(S).EQUIPMENT?

Those are all plural names that really do not make sense phonetically and the fact that there is only about 9,200+/- "Equipment" domains sold right now (as compared to the 116 million .COMs).

I think do are not going to win with these domain selections here.
I would suggest that you take a breather, learn about the domain market before you spend any more $$$ on these domains.
Right now you are going to have to be in this for the long haul because flipping these domains *most likely* will not happen over night.

Just a thought.

Thanks for your advice, I'll try contact the end buyers, I think it would be better and they would see the benefit in owning this domain better then domain brokers.

do you know a great email script that works well with domain sales?

•••
Same way you would sell any name.

Some of them are quite good. Auction them here or on Flippa.

•••
Not sure that 'selling quickly' is really going to work for the new gtlds, there is not huge market recognition yet. Certainly approaching end users is good, but then you should be doing that already with your other mainstream extensions.

I think you have some nice domains that will sell down the road, keep pushing them and good things will happen.

I do not like the climbings and constructions, though, the plural is not popular usage of those words.

•••
Just read the thread (I never read a thread before posting in case it influences my thoughts!).

The point about plurals is correct. No-one says "campings equipment" but they do say "skydiving equipment" which makes skydiving.equipment an excellent name (possibly the best name) for a site that sells skydiving equipment. Equally "loss weight" is wrong, it should be "lose weight".

The .careers names are excellent too, as is makemoney.today, lot of potential for that.

I think potentially you have a lot of value in these names. Maybe need to be a bit patient while people get used to them.

•••
no value in REAL-ESTATE.HOLDINGS?

I don't think so
Let me put it differently. How much are your domains worth, if there are no buyers in sight ? On the other hand, renewal time is a certainty along with death and taxes.

•••
Let me put it differently. How much are your domains worth, if there are no buyers in sight ? On the other hand, renewal time is a certainty along with death and taxes.

That is true for all extensions. -shrugs-

•••
That is true for all extensions. -shrugs-

It's easier with extensions people have actually heard of, you know this.

From what other people have said, hold on to them for 20 years. It's worked well for the people still holding .mobi.

•••
•••
@dviraz. I suggest not to email ANY end users for these domains. The majority of people who know about these new extensions are domainers, TM holders and a very small % of business owners. The mainstream audience may know of 1 or 2 but if they got an email from anyone selling a domain with a "weird" extension they would just delete it or report it as a phishing attempt.

As far as the domains themselves go I fee the .careers extension has potential ONCE more people know about it. That may be 2-3 years down the road. The more MAJOR companies use these in advertising etc then the more normal folk will see it and get it.

The rest I see $0 value and really a lot of wasted money :-/

•••
It is hard to sell products that have very limited or no demand. There is no easy way to find buyers for these.

I think virtually every new gTLD with a hyphen is worthless for resale. It is hard enough to sell a hyphenated .COM, never mind anything else.

There are some decent domains here, but the reality is that the best way to make money on most of these might be to just drop them and quit digging the hole deeper with renewal fees.

Brad

•••
@dviraz Best way is SEDO listing , auction it when you get a bid, will sell for less than USD 1000 each, most around $300-500

Today's live auction @snapnames are the best benchmark

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back