IT.COM

offers I got an offer of €100 at Undeveloped for my domain paperbid. (king) What to do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

amit chowdhury

Established Member
Impact
Hello pros,

At undeveloped, I got an offer (first offer) of €100 for paperbid in king.

What to do? Please suggest next course of action

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
eight thousand all of a sudden after his last offer was two hundred? and you did not counter with any number correct?

My inclination would be ACCEPT and hope it wasn't a typo on his part : smile :

•••
Last edited:
•••
eight thousand all of a sudden after his last offer was two hundred? and you did not counter with any number correct?

My inclination would be ACCEPT and hope it wasn't a typo on his part : smile :
Before that I countered with €40k

•••
•••
OK @amit chowdhury you countering 40K euro now it makes a lot more sense

•••
either you playing with us
or buyer playign with u

i vote for the former.

im out of here.
I am not playing with any one, I am writing what is happening (thats it). If buyer was playing with me, then it will be experience for me.
If you think I am playing, then don't follow my thread please.

•••
what are the timestamps of when you sent the 40K counter and when he sent the 8K counter? you can list them in undev time zone

•••
Hmm, I think something is wrong here (currency confusion maybe).
Accept his €8033 and see what is happening (if he pay).

Good luck!

•••
I am not playing with any one, I am writing what is happening (thats it). If buyer was playing with me, then it will be experience for me.
If you think I am playing, then don't follow my thread please.

so whats the question here?

you make a thread to ask if you should accept 100eur?

and then buyer offers you 8000eur and you still do not know if to take it? when will you know? at 100 000eur?

since you say you are new to domaining, I asume you have no idea how rarely a buyer goes from 100 to 8k..

maybe you can post screenshot of your negotiation before everyone starts thinking yoru thread is some bad joke.

or of course, the other option, the buyer is just playing with you. which stil makes it a waste of time for everyone trying to help here.

Last edited:
•••
@amit chowdhury - pretty much if this were an offer on a domain in my portfolio, I wouldn't do anything fast. The offer is good for 7 days and if there was some reasonable time between past communications then the buyer won't mind waiting a similar span of time. So you can stay calm and see if anyone else has constructive advice to add here.

Just don't get too excited in case it's not for real, only from personal experience, my first five figure offer the buyer made a binding offer at a marketplace, I accepted, a few days of pay delays and then it fell apart and it was really heartbreaking for me. Was too new to understand not to celebrate until the money is in the bank and the domain is in the buyers account.

Fingers crossed the negotiation is real and has a happy conclusion for both parties : smile :

•••
@amit chowdhury - pretty much if this were an offer on a domain in my portfolio, I wouldn't do anything fast. The offer is good for 7 days and if there was some reasonable time between past communications then the buyer won't mind waiting a similar span of time. So you can stay calm and see if anyone else has constructive advice to add here.

Just don't get too excited in case it's not for real, only from personal experience, my first five figure offer the buyer made a binding offer at a marketplace, I accepted, a few days of pay delays and then it fell apart and it was really heartbreaking for me. Was too new to understand not to celebrate until the money is in the bank and the domain is in the buyers account.

Fingers crossed the negotiation is real and has a happy conclusion for both parties : smile :

That is the best advice by far

I often slow down the negotiation process....

Engage the client, tell him he has an interesting offer worth considering and you need a day or so to do your research. See if he engages you again and get a phone number. Once you have any offer over 5k you should be engaging the client so nobody gets offended or misunderstood. I usually ask for a phone number and in most cases I will base my decision on the live interaction.

That is the same way I handle my acquisitions, I always end up on the phone and that is where I do 90% of my business. A lot can be misread in an email by either party.

@usernamex is bang on..... slow it down..... I will add..... engage the client

•••
That is the best advice by far

I often slow down the negotiation process....

Engage the client, tell him he has an interesting offer worth considering and you need a day or so to do your research. See if he engages you again and get a phone number. Once you have any offer over 5k you should be engaging the client so nobody gets offended or misunderstood. I usually ask for a phone number and in most cases I will base my decision on the live interaction.

That is the same way I handle my acquisitions, I always end up on the phone and that is where I do 90% of my business. A lot can be misread in an email by either party.

@usernamex is bang on..... slow it down..... I will add..... engage the client

its Undeveloped site offer.
so they want to limit buyer seller interactions.. to avoid losign commissions etc.
like they limit and monitor interactions on gd auctions sedo etc.. can't exchange emails or phones there.. if you do, you get banned.

while I appreciate where the two of you are coming from with taking it easy and relaxing etc.

let's not forget this is not some liquid domain worth a base X money amount.
its an alright domain, that may or may not ever get another offer in future... and with a price of 100 as initial offer.. and then a jump to 8000 by buyer... so I strongly advise you NOT to remain calm and not to relax... this is time to click accept button, within 10 seconds of reading my post, and either getting paid if buyer serious (unlikely imo, based on negotiation pattern and numbrs involved here), or just closing this whole thing as a scam buyer and everyone moves on to next offer and sale.

of course, like everyone here I wish seller all the best and succesful sale, cause we're all here for sales.. but at same time, I am trying to be realistic and draw conclusions from numbers and negotiation process posted here. which is not looking like happy ending to me at least.. cause i've seen similar things before.. as did many others.

all the best though.

Last edited:
•••
its Undeveloped site offer.
so they want to limit buyer seller interactions.. to avoid losign commissions etc.
like they limit and monitor interactions on gd auctions sedo etc.. can't exchange emails or phones there.. if you do, you get banned.

while I appreciate where the two of you are coming from with taking it easy and relaxing etc.

let's not forget this is not some liquid domain worth a base X money amount.
its an alright domain, that may or may not ever get another offer in future... and with a price of 100 as initial offer.. and then a jump to 8000 by buyer... so I strongly advise you NOT to remain calm and not to relax... this is time to click accept button, within 10 seconds of reading my post, and either getting paid if buyer serious (unlikely imo, based on negotiation pattern and numbrs involved here), or just closing this whole thing as a scam buyer and everyone moves on to next offer and sale.

of course, like everyone here I wish seller all the best and succesful sale, cause we're all here for sales.. but at same time, I am trying to be realistic and draw conclusions from numbers and negotiation process posted here. which is not looking like happy ending to me at least.. cause i've seen similar things before.. as did many others.

all the best though.

I would accept quickly, too.

•••
Oh @MapleDots and @alcy just sparked an even better idea - Ask Undeveloped directly for help. This is a big sale for you and more than likely Reza and the team would be more than happy to give you some guidance. You can email them or set up a time you can call by phone, they have been super helpful for me in the past and are experts. Plus they might be able to vet the buyer and give you an idea if this is for real or looks suspicious to them.

@Undeveloped

Although then you may want to keep any further information non-public and just let us know how it turns out.

•••
Paper Bid
A request to buy a publicly-traded company in which the offering company offers to purchase shares in the target company with shares or bonds in itself. Many offers to buy a company include both paper and cash, but a paper bid is exclusively non-cash. How profitable a paper bid is for target company shareholders depends on the market value of the stocks and bonds.

Seems like it could have some value.

- MOTO

•••
Paper Bid
A request to buy a publicly-traded company in which the offering company offers to purchase shares in the target company with shares or bonds in itself. Many offers to buy a company include both paper and cash, but a paper bid is exclusively non-cash. How profitable a paper bid is for target company shareholders depends on the market value of the stocks and bonds.

Seems like it could have some value.

- MOTO

not everything with a definition has value..
and not everything with value has a definition

;)

all in all 8000eur is spectacular. no time to relax, no time to be calm, no time to counter....... just time to accept. all the best to seller.

•••
not everything with a definition has value..
and not everything with value has a definition

;)

all in all 8000eur is spectacular. no time to relax, no time to be calm, no time to counter....... just time to accept. all the best to seller.
Good point.
I was just surprised that it had a meaning in a finance market and maybe that is what was giving it a higher value.
What else could it be used for that someone would offer 8k? A brandable name?

- MOTO

Last edited:
•••
If you go to archive.org and search for the domain, you can see the history of the domain. It has existing traffic also.
Then you may see some value.
Anyway, I will post final outcome if the deal will go through or not.
Again thank you guys.

•••
•••
personally I will accept paperbid with range 10k! :xf.grin: especially if I only have 1 buyer! if you have more than one, you can ask 2 or 3 times! remember, when buyer first time, giving you low ball as much as 100 euro, and then he give you offer 10k! it mean, they already reach their budget! but if you push your luck! and ask more, who knows! :xf.grin:. but of course, it depend on how many offer that you get! if you get a lot, then play hard to get! but if this buyer are your only one! better to closed the deal, and move on!

Remember, bulls get money bears get money pigs get slaughtered :xf.grin:

Btw paperbid, sound like pepperstone ! i.e Forex company

Last edited:
•••
Personally, I don't see the value in this domain. Even using the financial markets definition. There are no other tld registrations, as far as I can see. It has never been used before using the financial markets definition. I just don't see it has much value. I agree with @alcy that the OP should accept the EURO8k+ offer. But even I would probably counter offer, at least 1 more time. But I wouldn't be countering at EURO39k. This is just telling the buyer that you really are not interested to negotiate. You need to show some willingness to negotiate. Say at EURO30k. The buyer may accept, counter-offer, or decline the offer. If they decline, then although the EURO8K+ offer wasn't accepted. It might be possible to go back to that offer. But it does sound crazy they went from EURO100 to EURO214 to EURO8k+. However they might have been influenced the asking price of EURO40k.

But if I was the potential buyer. I'd go and hand-reg PaperBids.com. Which is another reason I see no value in this domain.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry, I think that this is a joke.
An it goes too far.
Or the greatest luck you can have is here.
Read carefully @stub and take 8K, if they still exists...

Last edited:
•••
From 100 to over 8k, I will accept to know once and for all if it is a scam or not.

For the extension, I think it is a fair price.

•••
From 100 to over 8k, I will accept to know once and for all if it is a scam or not.

For the extension, I think it is a fair price.

But it's a crap domain. IMHO. There's something really strange going on here. For sure.

•••
But it's a crap domain. IMHO. There's something really strange going on here. For sure.

You can never tell sometimes. What is crap for one end user might be 'king' (pun fully intended) for another end user.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back