Dynadot

domain I bought 60 domain names come & check that!!! (.com .net .org) - ArtOfLux.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

robinnx

Established Member
Impact
so the story is that a few days ago I wanted to sell I a domain (1), which I stopped using. but somehow I ended up buying another 60 domains, built a website, and started looking for buyers.
I would love to hear your thoughts about what you may find valuable in this list. how much can it can be sold and for whom.

and what you think about my domain name: DomainsABC.com

------------..com---------------------------
ArtOfLux.com

ArtRanks.com

BedApps.com

BikeTor.com

BioMuds.com

BonCuir.com

BoomGun.com

DeeLeo.com

EcoMaxGo.com

FroSoft.com

HackUndo.com

Kitakun.com

KokuApp.com

LarryLawson.com

LostMix.com

OxidRed.com

SpyBass.com

TradRex.com

WebCaff.com

WildPolo.com

Ziphian.com

-------------------.net----------------------------------

24by7.net

24Master.net

AdTool.net

AirBrushTattoo.net

ArtVox.net

Chiken.net

ChristmasChristmas.net

CityTool.net

CryptoFlair.net

CryptoLogistics.net

DragonProject.net

DrugPlaza.net

ExpertMoto.net

ExtraPage.net

HeroGo.net

GoModels.net

Jellow.net

Knek.net

LogoGenerator.net

Mapof.net

PhotoLite.net

RollForm.net

SeaSider.net

SizeUp.net

tf0.net

Typeit.net

Valkyr.net

VRMag.net

WebCap.net

--------------------.Org-----------------

Archivia.org

BioMind.org

CityCab.org

FastAuto.org

LifeKeys.org

Nauticat.org

Niter.org

OpenHash.org

ProComet.org

PSIgroup.org

TheGrill.org

TrustBuy.org

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome.

Now go back and request a refund if possible.

Take the money and put it back in your wallet.

Spend the next six months researching and watching.

Take that money you saved and buy one good .com.

Sell that name for profit, and move to the next.

•••
Congratulations! Most of us have also experienced this insanity in some form or fashion.

•••
Oh man

2/3 .Net .Org

Come on man! stick .com, especially start

Last edited:
•••
did anyone recover?
it's really fun, and it doesn't feel like I'm stopping anytime soon. I might stop when I lose all the money or when I make all the money :xf.grin:.
the best part is that I'm getting better and better every day. money comes to go. but one has to start somewhere.

and thank you again for your reply last on my CtrlBoard.com domain it was inspiring somehow.

You're doing okay for starting out and it's good you seek advice. It's not easy hearing all the negative feedback and putting yourself out there, so I commend you for that.

I know it seems cheap to buy many domains like this, but it is usually better to stick to .com when starting out like some of the others have mentioned. I would just remove everything else from your filter entirely until you are making money with the .com names.

As a side note, at this level it is imperative that you price all your domains and list them at Afternic with the Premium Network option. You get so much more exposure by doing that.

For the .com domains you bought:

ArtOfLux.com - This sounds good, but I didn't find a use out there.

ArtRanks.com - In use before, but I can't see a current use. Maybe pick names that have at least 1 profitable current business.

BedApps.com - Not seeing anything for this

BikeTor.com - (biketor.com) - not too bad for a brandable (maybe non-english brandable?)

BioMuds.com - According to NameBio, no domain has ever sold with "muds" at the end. I suggest not being a "trail blazer" (y)

BonCuir.com - Actually pretty good here. -previous site logo looked nice

BoomGun.com - If you look at boomgunS, that guy seems like he is doing pretty good with his site. So this one is probably okay too.

DeeLeo.com - Looks like very few results on linkedin.

EcoMaxGo.com - Old company used this, no current companies

FroSoft.com - Again, looked like a company before, but pick names with current companies or demand

HackUndo.com - unlikely for a money making site or product

Kitakun.com - this is registered in other extensions, but unless you know the meaning applies to the United States or globally, I would avoid registering. To me it sounds better than rakuten and look how big they are, so maybe this is fine.

KokuApp.com - this maybe okay. There are a couple companies by the same name.

LarryLawson.com - This is good. Over 200 results on linkedin.

LostMix.com - can't see any use for this. Lost has negative connotations, so I would avoid in most cases unless it is "lostkeys.com" or something common like that.

OxidRed.com - looks like there are results, but no company use.

SpyBass.com - no company use

TradRex.com - old company, out of business

WebCaff.com - no use on the internet at all.

WildPolo.com - seems very specific, and no current users

Ziphian.com - okay brandable name.

For the price of 4-5 of these, especially the higher priced .org or .net, you can get a name from the expiring auctions. You can see from the highlighted entries below, you can catch some pretty good names at decent prices. When you get the hang of it, by all means go back to registering recently expired domains.

upload_2020-5-8_22-14-45.png upload_2020-5-8_22-16-20.png upload_2020-5-8_22-17-40.png

I like to use the analogy of a sail boat. Every good domain makes your sailboat a little bigger. Every bad one is like adding a boat anchor. No boat can float with too many boat anchors. Don't impulse buy domains. Spend 5-10 minutes researching each purchase and try to "talk yourself out of each purchase". If there is no other semi-successful business or app with the same name out there, that should be enough to dissuade you from buying. Also look at NameBio to see if any similar domains have ever sold with those same keywords.

upload_2020-5-8_22-46-56.png

Drop any existing boat anchors, and buy names with potential from now on and make your boat look more like this. By doing so, you'll enjoy domain purchasing even more than you already do, especially when you get to the point where you are purchasing domains using profits from your sales.

Stay on this path and pretty soon you'll have yourself a pirate ship. :pirate:

upload_2020-5-8_22-25-32.png

Last edited:
•••
Counterpoint, if you would have spent maybe $100 each on 5-6 names from auctions etc, where you've seen demand from other investors for them, it would only cost you $50 a year to maintain the portfolio instead of having to spend another $600 (or whatever your reg costs ended up being, maybe a bit less) every single year to maintain a portfolio of names that are much less likely to sell.

There's this trap people fall into where so many names you've searched for were taken already, then when you find something that's even remotely a word, it's like "Nice!" But that's not the way to go. Look at most of those names, ask yourself "What is this?" and "What company would pay for this to be their name?" I think you'll see most of them are total long shots, lotto tickets at best, except you have to pay $10 each year to keep scratching them. With a smaller quantity, of better names, not only does your portfolio have more of an inherent value (If you buy a name here at wholesale, there's a good chance you can sell it for roughly the same amount, give or take), whereas you'd have a hell of a time trying to sell most of those names here for $1-$5, let alone for your registration cost, let alone a few years from now when they're still sitting and you've poured more money into renewing them.

Find some people who are experienced here on nP, follow them, look at the names they decide to bid on in the auctions here, and use that as a starting point. You may end up paying a little extra above wholesale, but at least the names have been vetted instead of the opposite. Anything avail to handreg has been reverse-vetted, in the sense that literally nobody has ever bought it and kept it (By definition, otherwise it wouldn't have been avail.)

Or even just following @Riz M. and scooping up some of the recently-registered names they flip for $18-$20 here would have you miles ahead tbh. That one single tier of vetting probably puts you miles ahead as a beginner vs. trying to choose your own from scratch. Maybe sign up for the list at CatchService.com (no affiliation) and look at the types of names they're selling for $20, compare it to the ones you've registered, and decide if you think 2 of yours are worth more or less than 1 of theirs. I think if we were to track sales from Riz's regs vs the average name that new members here buy, it's probably a pretty solid strategy.

When you are new and still figuring things out, I think you're a lot better off sticking to names that have other people bidding/interested in them, rather than names that no domainer has ever purchased and decided to keep in their portfolio during the entire history of the internet, y'know?

Having said that - you seem open to feedback and that's a huge advantage, good mentality. I see a lot of folks trying to argue when they find out their names are not quite what they had in mind. You'll do great :).

Some are really close. SpyBase.com would be a lot better than SpyBass.com, for example. BioMeds would be a gem, but what are BioMuds? TheGrill.com would be top tier, but I've never seen a restaurant use .org. BikeTour.com would be top-tier, BikeTor, not so much.

Depending on how recently you registered these, you can get a refund on most of the cost, and that would be my biggest piece of advice for the time being. You've clearly put some work into your site which is a big plus since domainers are kinda notorious for having pretty brutally designed sites (sorry guys), you're a go-getter, you just need to get a LOT more disciplined in what you're buying.

Take my advice with a grain of salt, I don't do this full time, I don't earn a living from buying and selling domain names.

Care to share the thought process that went into choosing some of these? That may enable people to help correct your line of thinking.

•••
Welcome.

I haven’t laugh this much in a while.

In all seriousness to OP never buy domains names with numbers or hyphens. And stick to .com

•••
Counterpoint, if you would have spent maybe $100 each on 5-6 names from auctions etc, where you've seen demand from other investors for them, it would only cost you $50 a year to maintain the portfolio instead of having to spend another $600 (or whatever your reg costs ended up being, maybe a bit less) every single year to maintain a portfolio of names that are much less likely to sell.

There's this trap people fall into where so many names you've searched for were taken already, then when you find something that's even remotely a word, it's like "Nice!" But that's not the way to go. Look at most of those names, ask yourself "What is this?" and "What company would pay for this to be their name?" I think you'll see most of them are total long shots, lotto tickets at best, except you have to pay $10 each year to keep scratching them. With a smaller quantity, of better names, not only does your portfolio have more of an inherent value (If you buy a name here at wholesale, there's a good chance you can sell it for roughly the same amount, give or take), whereas you'd have a hell of a time trying to sell most of those names here for $1-$5, let alone for your registration cost, let alone a few years from now when they're still sitting and you've poured more money into renewing them.

Find some people who are experienced here on nP, follow them, look at the names they decide to bid on in the auctions here, and use that as a starting point. You may end up paying a little extra above wholesale, but at least the names have been vetted instead of the opposite. Anything avail to handreg has been reverse-vetted, in the sense that literally nobody has ever bought it and kept it (By definition, otherwise it wouldn't have been avail.)

Or even just following @Riz M. and scooping up some of the recently-registered names they flip for $18-$20 here would have you miles ahead tbh. That one single tier of vetting probably puts you miles ahead as a beginner vs. trying to choose your own from scratch. Maybe sign up for the list at CatchService.com (no affiliation) and look at the types of names they're selling for $20, compare it to the ones you've registered, and decide if you think 2 of yours are worth more or less than 1 of theirs. I think if we were to track sales from Riz's regs vs the average name that new members here buy, it's probably a pretty solid strategy.

When you are new and still figuring things out, I think you're a lot better off sticking to names that have other people bidding/interested in them, rather than names that no domainer has ever purchased and decided to keep in their portfolio during the entire history of the internet, y'know?

Having said that - you seem open to feedback and that's a huge advantage, good mentality. I see a lot of folks trying to argue when they find out their names are not quite what they had in mind. You'll do great :).

Some are really close. SpyBase.com would be a lot better than SpyBass.com, for example. BioMeds would be a gem, but what are BioMuds? TheGrill.com would be top tier, but I've never seen a restaurant use .org. BikeTour.com would be top-tier, BikeTor, not so much.

Depending on how recently you registered these, you can get a refund on most of the cost, and that would be my biggest piece of advice for the time being. You've clearly put some work into your site which is a big plus since domainers are kinda notorious for having pretty brutally designed sites (sorry guys), you're a go-getter, you just need to get a LOT more disciplined in what you're buying.

Take my advice with a grain of salt, I don't do this full time, I don't earn a living from buying and selling domain names.

Care to share the thought process that went into choosing some of these? That may enable people to help correct your line of thinking.

hello Sir. BIG RESPECT. You marked the greatest review I ever got in my history of the internet as well as any other business advice I ever got, not because you told me stuff I don't know. but the fact that you rarely find someone who would take the effort to write a detailed response. you really nailed it. really grateful for the time you took to reviews my uncalculated purchases.

and thank you again for trying to help correct my navigation.
the thought process concerning choosing these domains is sometimes a bit complicated to explain specifically for the amount of subjectivity involved. for example, many times I just naively liked how the name sounds to me such ArtVox.com, deeleo.com, cryptologistics.net, citytool.net, seasider.net, extrapage.net, CryptoFlair.net, drugplaza.net, archivia.org, Ziphian.com
(drugplaza.net sounded dangerous I loved it from the first sight :xf.grin: )

herogo.com sounded cool and was on sale for $1950, so I bought herogo.net hoping to sell it for a fraction of the price (at $150 actually)

sometimes I made the decision based on my personal research on the name. the example of this was citycab.org. there were plenty of cab companies everywhere around the world using the name "CityCab" with different regional TLD (es, dk, ma, it, jp, gr....) and the .com TLD was being sold for $32,500.00. so I told myself that maybe citycab.org can hold some water.

and also choose jellow.net because it was a highly admired word then found out that there is a dutch startup with the same name and they were using different regional TLD for each of their dutch website and another regional TLD for Belgium website. the startup has the potential to scale internationally but the .com was at the cost of $ 19,667.00, so I thought that they might be interested in buying a cheaper established .net for the meanwhile. only for a few hundred bucks. so I contact them this morning and still waiting for an answer.

I bought niter.org, knek.net, 24by7.net, tf0.net, mapof.net, LostMix.com... because they were short names

typeit.net, PhotoLite.net, logogenerator.net I thought maybe they can be sold easily because they fit as software names. and in fact, I contacted an online design platform (SaaS) and they are interested in acquiring LogoGenerator.net. I'm still wondering about how much I should ask for it.?

bought Gomodels.net because most of the known TLDs were taken, and .com version had a lot of traffic and many bids on Sedo. so I thought that it won't hurt if I also get the last one.

boncuir.com I don't know why I got !!! maybe because it was is a french word GoodLeather.com in English. (i like leather) :D

For trustbuy.org. it just sounded very credible combination for an online reviews website., (now I think it sounds weird)

and the list goes on and on.............
thank you for taking the time to read this very long reply :)

Last edited:
•••
Welcome.

thank you for your advice very much appreciated :xf.smile:

•••
these 3 look good
GoModels.net
LogoGenerator.net
DrugPlaza.net

•••
I haven’t laugh this much in a while.

In all seriousness to OP never buy domains names with numbers or hyphens. And stick to .com
I have lots of names with numbers and hyphens. Why not?

•••
did anyone recover?
it's really fun, and it doesn't feel like I'm stopping anytime soon. I might stop when I lose all the money or when I make all the money :xf.grin:.
the best part is that I'm getting better and better every day. money comes to go. but one has to start somewhere.

and thank you again for your reply last on my CtrlBoard.com domain it was inspiring somehow.

If you have money to burn, then by all means make all the mistakes you need to make to learn. We've all been there in some fashion. Though take heed, patience is key, better to have a few good quality names that you research, rather than 60 names ($600 reg fees) that will likely need to be dropped. Find your niche, though to start .coms are a good beginning. Of the group above, you may be able to submit the name ziphian to one of the brandable sites, BB, SH, BP. Otherwise none of the names really stand out.

Last edited:
•••
i agree with the quality 5-6 domains, but since we arent there and we are at 600 domains, put them on a parking platform and see which ones are the better performers and then pick those to renew or sell. tadah. :) If you find 10 of them and they sell for $600 or more youve done it anyway. see?

•••
Oh man

2/3 .Net .Org

Come on man! stick .com, especially start
hey thanks, I understand that .com is more safe and valuable but it was very hard to find a meaningful .com domain name. but now after I listen to your valuable advices here on this post I'm more careful in my choices

Last edited:
•••
what do you think its special about ziphian? what is and where do I find these brandable sites, BB, SH, BP. ? thank you for your feedback (y)
It's not that the name is 'special' per se, though it may work as a brandable (a company or business wanting it for their product or service) <BB Brandbucket, SH, Squadhelp, BP Brandpa> I checked and it was accepted at BP for $4990, that doesn't mean it will sell, but it's start.

•••
Stop wasting money. Donate to charity, and not to registrars!

•••
You're doing okay for starting out and it's good you seek advice. It's not easy hearing all the negative feedback and putting yourself out there, so I commend you for that.

I know it seems cheap to buy many domains like this, but it is usually better to stick to .com when starting out like some of the others have mentioned. I would just remove everything else from your filter entirely until you are making money with the .com names.

As a side note, at this level it is imperative that you price all your domains and list them at Afternic with the Premium Network option. You get so much more exposure by doing that.

For the .com domains you bought:

ArtOfLux.com - This sounds good, but I didn't find a use out there.

ArtRanks.com - In use before, but I can't see a current use. Maybe pick names that have at least 1 profitable current business.

BedApps.com - Not seeing anything for this

BikeTor.com - (biketor.com) - not too bad for a brandable (maybe non-english brandable?)

BioMuds.com - According to NameBio, no domain has ever sold with "muds" at the end. I suggest not being a "trail blazer" (y)

BonCuir.com - Actually pretty good here. -previous site logo looked nice

BoomGun.com - If you look at boomgunS, that guy seems like he is doing pretty good with his site. So this one is probably okay too.

DeeLeo.com - Looks like very few results on linkedin.

EcoMaxGo.com - Old company used this, no current companies

FroSoft.com - Again, looked like a company before, but pick names with current companies or demand

HackUndo.com - unlikely for a money making site or product

Kitakun.com - this is registered in other extensions, but unless you know the meaning applies to the United States or globally, I would avoid registering. To me it sounds better than rakuten and look how big they are, so maybe this is fine.

KokuApp.com - this maybe okay. There are a couple companies by the same name.

LarryLawson.com - This is good. Over 200 results on linkedin.

LostMix.com - can't see any use for this. Lost has negative connotations, so I would avoid in most cases unless it is "lostkeys.com" or something common like that.

OxidRed.com - looks like there are results, but no company use.

SpyBass.com - no company use

TradRex.com - old company, out of business

WebCaff.com - no use on the internet at all.

WildPolo.com - seems very specific, and no current users

Ziphian.com - okay brandable name.

For the price of 4-5 of these, especially the higher priced .org or .net, you can get a name from the expiring auctions. You can see from the highlighted entries below, you can catch some pretty good names at decent prices. When you get the hang of it, by all means go back to registering recently expired domains.

Show attachment 153823 Show attachment 153824 Show attachment 153825

I like to use the analogy of a sail boat. Every good domain makes your sailboat a little bigger. Every bad one is like adding a boat anchor. No boat can float with too many boat anchors. Don't impulse buy domains. Spend 5-10 minutes researching each purchase and try to "talk yourself out of each purchase". If there is no other semi-successful business or app with the same name out there, that should be enough to dissuade you from buying. Also look at NameBio to see if any similar domains have ever sold with those same keywords.

Show attachment 153827

Drop any existing boat anchors, and buy names with potential from now on and make your boat look more like this. By doing so, you'll enjoy domain purchasing even more than you already do, especially when you get to the point where you are purchasing domains using profits from your sales.

Stay on this path and pretty soon you'll have yourself a pirate ship. :pirate:

Show attachment 153826
Hey thank you for the great feedback. I'm more than happy to receive negative feedbacks, its amazing what I got to learn from everyone's response i think those feedbacks are far valuable than any positive feedback i would have got in my current state.
what im doing now is trying to find a good parking platform while I'm working on getting rid of all the .net, .org and the senseless .com i bought.

i bought EcoMaxGo.com because i found out that there is an Indian startup who goes with the same name but local TLD EcoMaxGo.in i messaged them but they did not answer so i assume that they are not interested in buying a .com domain for now or maybe never.

for ArtRanks.com i found that there is a very successful company that works in art
industry and their domain name is ArtRank.com do you think they would be interested in buying ArtRank(s).com as well?

as you suggested im now buying only from auctions there is really good ones for a good price and big potential. the boat analogy is extremely accurate and it happed that i have a sailboat and can 100% relate to it :pirate::xf.grin:

•••
Congratulations! Most of us have also experienced this insanity in some form or fashion.
did anyone recover?

•••
BoomGun would probably pop a little.

•••
BoomGun would probably pop a little.
Boomgun, there are trademark issues, there's already a product using that name:
BOOMGUN™ : AIR GUN DRAIN BLASTER, and a game Gods of Boom previously known as "Guns of Boom" an online multiplayer first-person shooter video game for mobile devices.

•••
As long as he's not infringing on the trademarks
Boomgun, there are trademark issues, there's already a product using that name:
BOOMGUN™ : AIR GUN DRAIN BLASTER, and a game Gods of Boom previously known as "Guns of Boom" an online multiplayer first-person shooter video game for mobile devices.
Yeah. I don't think these would apply to his name. In fact you may be getting way, way ahead here.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

You must have spent around $625 as registration cost if they are all handregs. I don't mean to discourage you, but I must say, it will be very unlikely for you to regain what you've paid by selling this. As a new member, I think you should do some research before buying any more. Just check out some previous auctions here and find out what kind of names everyone want. Stick to .com only for a while. I guess most of us started like this.

Regards
Anees Ahmad

•••
As long as he's not infringing on the trademarks

Yeah. I don't think these would apply to his name. In fact you may be getting way, way ahead here.
I don't believe I am no. One needs to be mindful of these things, depending on a variety of factors, reseller, end user. A name with 'boom' and 'gun' in it could only go in so many directions (gunboom has broader applications whereas boomgun relates more to a specific product) But it's up to the OP to decide as they had asked, if you like the name I'm sure the OP would be happy to sell it to you. But it's a reg fee name at best, and I'd drop it if I were them.

Last edited:
•••
I'd keep these:

LostMix.com
LogoGenerator.net

•••
I don't believe I am no. One needs to be mindful of these things, depending on a variety of factors, reseller, end user. A name with 'boom' and 'gun' in it could only go in so many directions (gunboom has broader applications whereas boomgun relates more to a specific product) But it's up to the OP to decide as they had asked, if you like the name I'm sure the OP would be happy to sell it to you. But it's a reg fee name at best, and I'd drop it if I were them.
Never said I liked it. Just that it had pop.

You mentioned pop in your post that you --------- out.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.