Dynadot

I appreciate this.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainer12three

Impact
Hello dear NamePros-community!

I am happy to have joined. :)

I wish you all as much health as possible during these times!

Let me start by saying this:

In times so dominated by digital communication and inter-connectivity, twitter-bots etc., it is so easy to feel weirdly alone even though we technically are online with hundreds or even thousands of other profiles at the same time.

Although I have only joined today, I have already recently been visiting NamePros and its discussions and to my delight, I have discovered that there truly are a lot of good people on this forum giving advice to noobies like me and others.

People who have gone through the worst, lost money, made big mistakes, and now are sharing their knowledge with this forum.

Just like with any forum, society, tribe etc., you are what is most important to our growth.

The shoulders of giants that we stand on, so to speak. The tribe's eldest and wisest.

In what is only a small exaggeration, NamePros has been around almost as long as I live. Many of you have seen the best and the worst of the industry and of this forum.

I really do not take it for granted that you are still trying to help us noobies succeed after being around for so many years. You don't have to do it. You have seen enough. Been through enough.

The second part I want to mention is the kindness that I have seen.

This second category does not just refer to the willingness to transfer knowledge, but also to HOW someone is communicating, both when he/she is voicing agreement/support OR disagreement/criticism.

From what I have seen,

@Samer @Bob Hawkes @Ategy @NameShiba

really stand out in that category. At least generally speaking. I haven't checked every one of their posts.

We need more people like you. (Not just in this forum)

This kindness is what is at the core of this forum as well as the internet and every marketplace on it: The more users it has, the more competition we/you will have, the more effort you will have to put in to keep standing out amongst your fellow sellers.

It is therefore increasingly commendable when someone is able to incorporate a kind, supportive & cooperative attitude despite the competition growing around him every day.

(Which is not 100% accurate since more users does not just mean more competing sellers, but also means more buyers.)

Abundance mindset

If I have learned anything in my pretty short life, it's that one of the healthiest things you can do is to develop an abundance mindset. Which is to say that "There is enough around for everyone"

This mindset will also prove to be really healthy to my fellow domainers - both noobies and pros:

Don't lose hope. Even if you didn't sell cars(.)com for millions of dollars. Even if you weren't able to purchase the domain you thought would be your greatest idea but it was already taken.

There is enough out there for all of us. Including you.

Keep trying.

Even though there are MANY strategies you could and should use in the domain industry (most of which I haven't learned yet and many of which I probably will struggle to master), it is also important to ask yourself WHY you are trying to sell your domain.

Just ask yourselves this:

If you had to come up with 50,000 $ for the cancer treatment of one of your loved ones, how much more successful would you be than you are right now? How much more would you be WILLING to learn the best strategies and find the hottest domains & customers/buyers?

Granted, this is a hypothetical that might even upset you, but asking yourself WHY you are even selling domains might greatly impact your effectiveness and income. What goal are you working towards? :)

For me, that goal is a life coach & film director education and significantly improving the lives of my parents. Plus being able to financially live independent from them by having a high enough cashflow.

So I try my "luck" in domaining, among other things.

I have had my fair share of bad purchases, and I will continue to have them. Many domains I bought will probably not sell as good as I wanted them to - or even sell at all.

Others - lets put it this way - at least have the potential to allow me to achieve my aforementioned goals.

But - again - noobie here.

the-best-domain-in-the-www(.)com

Well - there is only one. Need I say more?

spacehomes(.)co

Especially interesting for accomodation during space expansion. Value will increase with high certainty.

4-2-0(.)biz & 4-2-0(.)cloud

The dot cloud version is even more appealing :P

cashflow-guru(.)com

Useable as a site to help people understand/increase their finances/cashflow

hello-inter(.)net

Well, not really the greatest usability, but still an intriguing combination.

ineed(.)tips

Useful for How-tos á la WikiHOW

i-want-to-help(.)org

Could become a great resource to guide people in helping others/donating/volunteering.

Alright, that was a lengthy but honest and heartfelt introduction.
Glad to have joined you!

P.S.: I currently don't have the funds, but I want to give YOU the opportunity to make some money. ("YOU" obviously only being the first person reading this and taking action)

I once had a domain which is no longer in my possession but could yield some great results:

essential(.)solutions

Purchaseable for ~160 €, appraised by GoDaddy for 866 €

Happy domaining :D
domainer12three

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello!

Well, believe you have presented a nice summary of the Forum and of the intentions of most who offer advice and suggestions to the recently arrived members,

Remember though - it is your money and your responsibility to do " the best " you can to analyze and utilize all advice you receive as to it's relationship to your best interests.

Welcome to NamePros!

Last edited:
•••
Hey @domainer12three .. thanks for the kind words and welcome to NamePros! :)

You definitely have the right attitude and even expectations in that it's a long road to journey before you start to realise which steps you took that were good .. and which that were bad. Most definitely take tons of time to absorb all the information available here at NamePros. Also if you do a lot of walking I highly recommend you go back several years and listen old episodes of DomainSherpa. Not everything they say is 100% accurate (particularly on lower value domains that us humans buy/sell), nor does all of it hold true today because the industry has changed in the years since, but listening and relisting to them will really give you a good solid foundation.

So anyhow .. I suppose here's the bad news. Those are typical starter domainer domains that look kinda good .. that you can "justify" .. but that ultimately very very likely just won't sell at anything close to high enough multiples or sell-through rates to even break even. Definitely hold off on buying more and take time to develop a few more levels of filtration. As cool as you think the domain is, you have to ask yourself if anyone is going to truly want to use hello-inter {.}net or the-best-domain-in-the-www {.}com .. the honest answer unfortunately is no. Very few people use hyphen domains in English .. even fewer in .net or .com's that contain 5 of them.

As for SpaceHomes {.}co .. you need to ask who is the buyer? Any company that has enough startup capital to start space based residences is going to easily be able to afford a far better name .. and they definitely will need one to grab attention. .co isn't too bad with strong single words but not two words like that. More importantly they are much more expensive to renew, so in the end they are harder to sell and cost you more. I actually have done well with .co domains .. but they were mostly single word of single term domains with existing buyers. Actual homes in space are still many years away .. even more if Covid ends up being a longer term thing.

If you only bought these domains in the last day or two, then rethink them .. and try to cancel and get a refund for most if not all of them.

Also .. NEVER base your wholesale purchases on any automatic evaluation .. they only tell you one part of the story, and even that part they tell you extremely inaccurately .. what they don't say are your actual chances of selling it. Most new domainers only sell about 1% of their domains a year. So ask yourself how much of a multiple do you need to sell the few domains that you do sell in order to make up for all the costs of the domains you don't sell. If you sell 1% of your domains a year the answer is that the ones you do sell you need to sell for 100x what you bought them for .. and that's just to break even. Just by glancing at those domains, the average annual sell-through is going to be significantly lower than 1% .. and none of them have any chance of getting you anything close to 100x.

But don't despair too much .. we've all bought crummy domains .. the key is to take a step back and learn .. there are people here for yours who still don't make money. Domaining is not easy .. definitely don't rush to buy .. focus on learning .. eventually you'll get there.

Best of luck to you going forward on your domaining adventure! :)

•••
Goodread, welcome and Goodluck.

•••
Hey @domainer12three .. thanks for the kind words and welcome to NamePros! :)

You definitely have the right attitude and even expectations in that it's a long road to journey before you start to realise which steps you took that were good .. and which that were bad. Most definitely take tons of time to absorb all the information available here at NamePros. Also if you do a lot of walking I highly recommend you go back several years and listen old episodes of DomainSherpa. Not everything they say is 100% accurate (particularly on lower value domains that us humans buy/sell), nor does all of it hold true today because the industry has changed in the years since, but listening and relisting to them will really give you a good solid foundation.

So anyhow .. I suppose here's the bad news. Those are typical starter domainer domains that look kinda good .. that you can "justify" .. but that ultimately very very likely just won't sell at anything close to high enough multiples or sell-through rates to even break even. Definitely hold off on buying more and take time to develop a few more levels of filtration. As cool as you think the domain is, you have to ask yourself if anyone is going to truly want to use hello-inter {.}net or the-best-domain-in-the-www {.}com .. the honest answer unfortunately is no. Very few people use hyphen domains in English .. even fewer in .net or .com's that contain 5 of them.

As for SpaceHomes {.}co .. you need to ask who is the buyer? Any company that has enough startup capital to start space based residences is going to easily be able to afford a far better name .. and they definitely will need one to grab attention. .co isn't too bad with strong single words but not two words like that. More importantly they are much more expensive to renew, so in the end they are harder to sell and cost you more. I actually have done well with .co domains .. but they were mostly single word of single term domains with existing buyers. Actual homes in space are still many years away .. even more if Covid ends up being a longer term thing.

If you only bought these domains in the last day or two, then rethink them .. and try to cancel and get a refund for most if not all of them.

Also .. NEVER base your wholesale purchases on any automatic evaluation .. they only tell you one part of the story, and even that part they tell you extremely inaccurately .. what they don't say are your actual chances of selling it. Most new domainers only sell about 1% of their domains a year. So ask yourself how much of a multiple do you need to sell the few domains that you do sell in order to make up for all the costs of the domains you don't sell. If you sell 1% of your domains a year the answer is that the ones you do sell you need to sell for 100x what you bought them for .. and that's just to break even. Just by glancing at those domains, the average annual sell-through is going to be significantly lower than 1% .. and none of them have any chance of getting you anything close to 100x.

But don't despair too much .. we've all bought crummy domains .. the key is to take a step back and learn .. there are people here for yours who still don't make money. Domaining is not easy .. definitely don't rush to buy .. focus on learning .. eventually you'll get there.

Best of luck to you going forward on your domaining adventure! :)

You just solidified your right to be mentioned in my original post regarding "kindness even in criticism/disagreement". In addition to that, I am deeply grateful for the insight you provided me with. :)

•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back