Dynadot

advice Hyphens in Numerical Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm not seeing any information on whether or not Chinese investors like or dislike hyphens in numerical domains.

My guess is "not." (As a general rule)

One website noted that a hyphen is merely a connector, but that had to do with pinyin (Romanized Chinese words).

In the U.S., I have seen a lot of hyphenated telephone number domains (NNN-NNN-NNNN); I haven't really checked out too many others (except shorties, for example, I have 1-2-5 and 1-25, and even these types are debated).

So Chinese Namepro'ers, what are your thoughts on all repeating lucky numerals divided by hyphens?

For example, NNN-NNN, N-NN-NNN, NNN-NN-NNN, NNN-NNN-NNN?

Bad? Good? Indifferent?

I have only one of these long ones, so I can take it, no matter the answer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would suggest only n-n is where there may be real interest, they seem to "drop off" pretty quickly, i would rather short mixed LLNN's

•••
if you were to go down this road the pattern would have to be even, 1-1-1

•••
I don't think Chinese like hyphenated numerics.

We get to know everyday that Chinese picked 4N,5N,6N and even 9N for high prices.. even when there are 100 + N-N-N.com available to registered at regular prices.

If hyphenated numerics had value N-N-N.com must have seen a buyout by now.

•••
I tend to agree; I won't be going down this road again.

:)

•••
some folk here like em, consider an auction if the numbers are any good?

•••
•••
•••
Instead of investing in hyphenated domains , invest in 6n which you can flip quite easily.

•••
•••
•••
I don't think Chinese like hyphenated numerics.

We get to know everyday that Chinese picked 4N,5N,6N and even 9N for high prices.. even when there are 100 + N-N-N.com available to registered at regular prices.

If hyphenated numerics had value N-N-N.com must have seen a buyout by now.

It is true that ca. 100 N-N-N.com are still left. However, it is worth mentioning that there are no N-N-N.com available for handreg whithout "4", all have been registered.

And with regard to remainign N-N-N.com (all containing "4"), based on recent trend, it may be reasonably expected that they will be registered soon.

•••
It is true that ca. 100 N-N-N.com are still left. However, it is worth mentioning that there are no N-N-N.com available for handreg whithout "4", all have been registered.

And with regard to remainign N-N-N.com (all containing "4"), based on recent trend, it may be reasonably expected that they will be registered soon.
I have sold 5N with 4 in it for mid $$$ each.. if N-N-N had value those 100 with 4's in it have registered way back. when only investment is $8-9 each.

With the increase in demand overall in numeric domains , I have seen numeric domain sale even in new gtlds.

Its important how you see your investments.. Are you ready to wait for 3-4 years or even more to get a decent return with not 100% guarantee that they will sell.

If you ask my suggestion , I will say instead of investing hyphenated domains , invest in those domains which you can sell immediately.

One thing if you have any special pattern then go for it even with N-N-N like 8-8-8 , 7-7-7 or 1-2-3 or 6-5-4

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back