Dynadot

domain Humanism.xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Covering mental, emotional, social, and for the lack of a better word: Spiritual Health

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't see a clear commercial purpose do you ? Spiritual health, zen, meditation is not humanism I think.

•••
I will agree with kate, it doesnt sound that good. Humanism is more about emotions maybe. It can only be used for blog type site imo...But then am not an expert on this.

•••
Same Same. I do think you would get registration fee for this one.

•••
I'm not so sure I actually quite like this one.

Humanism is a great name for a movement/charity drive and I like it with the .xyz extension.

I'd be tempted to hang on to this one for a while if i were you.

•••
Hello,

I like the name, but like other people say, maybe not that easy to monetize. However, secular (non-religious) humanism and their organizations seems to be growing in parts of the world, so just hang on to it and see?!

It's almost impossible to valuate it today, but I think you can get a buyer if you are patient. The renewal fee is not that high.

•••
•••
Thank you everyone.

Humanism is not something a lot of people understand today but I believe it will be more embraced and understood in the future. I want Humanism.xyz to provide the A-B-C's of humanism. Or in otherwards, the most important basic facts that most people can agree on.

Most of the world's violent conflicts involve poor decisions and misunderstandings, at least on someone's part. Interfaith organizations include religions of almost every kind, but at the expense of atheists and some agnostics.

What better reference point is there than the human experience. Humanism.xyz, the A-B-C's of humanism.

•••
Sorry, let this one go

Also try and focus on strong proven extensions, .xyz is just a fad at the moment and will die pretty soon

Good luck

•••
Sorry, let this one go

Also try and focus on strong proven extensions, .xyz is just a fad at the moment and will die pretty soon

Good luck

fortuneteller01.jpg

•••
Sorry, let this one go

Good luck

fortuneteller01.jpg

You don't need to be a fortune teller, look at the drop in threads, post and google articles on .XYZ, even since last week, its almost disappeared already

Create some google alerts on .xyz and you get notified when its indexed in Gogle and you will see what I mean, its just hype by your fellow domainers

•••
lol. I was half-joking when I made my last post since this is not really the place to post a domain name advertisement.

But I think there is a chance for .xyz. It is still a lottery ticket in some sense but I believe it is in the 3/10 to 5/10 range that Google (Alphabet) will play a larger role in .xyz. If they can earn $100,000,000.00 a year in the long haul by endorsing .XYZ without harming their brand, I believe they will. And I think everyone
is in agreement that the CEO of XYZ will work night and day to strike a deal. He already bought .CAR from Google and landed the abc.xyz agreement. A third agreement isn't as far-fetched.

I purchase .com domain names 1st, domain hacks 2nd, and I purchased XYZ domain names for the thrill of it.

•••
It's far fetched but I think Google registering abc.xyz was more far-fetched at the time. I am not banking on it but it would be a pleasant development.

•••
If they can earn $100,000,000.00 a year in the long haul by endorsing .XYZ without harming their brand, I believe they will.

How can they earn anything when .xyz domain names are free or $1 per domain? Google has registered lots
of names in many different extensions.

•••
Google was a .mobi backer, Amazon endorsed .co (Overstock too) etc. It doesn't change a thing.
Selling domains is very tough, by investing in poor keywords in weird TLDs you are only making the odds of a sale even more remote.

•••
i don't see any value in this domain

•••
Thank you everyone for the expert advice. I understand that the domain name I chose may not seem to have a good risk vs. return ratio for professional domainers, especially since my strategy could lose a lot of money if it was multiplied by hundreds of random TLDNs. But I am passionate about the .xyz domain names I chose.

Humanism is a field I plan on studying in the future. I will be working on tourism websites for the next 10 years but I will eventually focus on society and self-improvemet.

"Second, the leadership is passionate about human health. Larry Page and Sergey Brin care about humanity and have expressed their wishes to use technology to improve the quality of life for humanity." ~ Forbes Magazine

If Alphabet changes their domain name to Alphabet.com I might not win big. But if they purchase the domain name Science.xyz or Health.xyz I will probably win very big. At least 5 to 7 years down the road. I also purchased MetroManila.xyz since I am passionate about the Philippines.

•••
You said it your self , you will study it so why not develop it or blog on it. At least hold onto t o it for a few years :)

•••
You don't need to be a fortune teller, look at the drop in threads, post and google articles on .XYZ, even since last week, its almost disappeared already

Create some google alerts on .xyz and you get notified when its indexed in Gogle and you will see what I mean, its just hype by your fellow domainers
there is movement elsewhere ;)

•••
You said it your self , you will study it so why not develop it or blog on it. At least hold onto t o it for a few years :)

Thanks for the tip @NightStand. I am planning on saving it for myself but if someone is willing to pay a huge amount of money for it, I am willing to let it go. I will keep raising the price as the humanism movement gains traction and if Alphabet uses another .xyz domain name.

•••
there is movement elsewhere ;)

I believe premium .com domain names will increase in value i.e. car.com, rent.com, sunglasses.com.

But some of the 2nd to 3rd class .com domain names will decrease in value. I see more value in premium domain hacks than most 2nd to 3rd class .com domain names. But I am not a professional domainer, I am an end-user with a limited amount of experience.

Most of the experts here seem do be following trends, i.e. news articles, sales, etc. But I believe it will ultimately be the end-users and registrys i.e. GoDaddy that dictate the market.

This is definitely a time for professional domainers to analyze their portfolios and look towards the future. The .com domain name market has been trending up since its inception (based on what I have read). But disruptions and market corrections present themselves in almost every market i.e. real estate, stock market, jobs and this pattern can be traced farther back than the foundation of the internet (i.e. domain names).

•••
Humanism.xyz

Promoting freedom of speech, human rights and democracy in mainland China.

Does anyone else see potential?

I can pay a finders fee if any of you help me find a big time buyer.

•••
You're kidding right.

You can just put the domain on a domain name marketplace (sedo, godaddy, etc.) and if any one buys from there, the marketplace takes a % comission. Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Which part, the China aspect or the commission?

I woke up in the morning and read that XYZ.com is trying to get ICANN's authorization to ban words like "Democracy", "Freedom of Speech" and "Human Rights". Those are all values studied and usually taught in the fields of humanism. I believe that would make the domain name I purchased more valuable since it would be impossible to purchase similar .xyz domain names about China. It all depends if .xyz will be one of the standard Chinese top-level domains. It would then be valuable to pro-democracy advocates (might not have money) and China who spends a lot of money and resources on silencing and censoring critics.

Based on the posts I have read this involves too much speculation for professional domainers. But I like to make predictions and try to guess the future. I am betting $8.00 / a year on this and I think my odds are better than playing the lotto (at least I can say that).

Commissions:
- I am not a professional but from what I read it is easier to demand a higher price through Direct Negotiations VS. Marketplaces like Sedo & GoDaddy.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back