Htaccess - What have I done Wrong in my code?

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

ridesign1

Established Member
Impact
7
I have a page http://www.site.com/new

1)I want to redirect http://www.site.com/new/1/
to : http://www.site.com/new?pg=1

2)And redirect http://www.site.com/new/cat/2/
to : http://www.site.com/new?c=cat&pg=2

3)And redirect http://www.site.com/new/cat/
to : http://www.site.com/new?c=cat

I have attempted the following 1 and 2 work but 3 does not work:
"c" will always be small letters and "pg" will be between 1-5.


Code:
RewriteRule ^new/([a-z])/$ /new/?c=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^new/(.*)/([0-9])/$ /new/?c=$1&pg=$2 [L]
RewriteRule ^new/([0-9])/$ /new/?pg=$1 [L]
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I don't know much about .htaccess, but is that your entire .htaccess file? Don't forget to turn RewriteEngine On.
 
0
•••
no sorry , that is just a section of it.
yes have got that to turn on rewrite :)
 
0
•••
You want:

Code:
RewriteRule ^new/([a-z][COLOR="Red"]+[/COLOR])/$ /new/?c=$1 [L]
 
0
•••
what does the + do?
do i need to add the + for ([0-9]+)?

Should this work?

RewriteRule ^new/([a-z]+)/([0-9]+)/$ /new/?c=$1&pg=$2 [L]
 
0
•••
The "+" mean match one or more of the previous element (in this case one or more letters). Without the "+" the pattern will only match a single letter between the slashes. With the "+" it will match one or more letters between the slashes. You don't need it after the [0-9] since you only expect a single digit.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back