Dynadot

Howdy namers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Andrew Knox

Top Member
Impact
Howdy namers,

I've lurked for a few years and now posted a few times without introducing myself. Here goes...

I first got interested in domaining around 2011. I bought a NLL .com (9xi) which I flipped for a small profit (or broke even after feature fees at least!) in 2012. I also flipped customsoftwaredevelopment and a few websites around 2011-12. Originally my plan was to buy a portfolio short names NLLs, LLLLs, etc and run them as a network of arcade sites. Unfortunately, I got distracted by an eCommerce business I was running at the time and gave up domaining.

In early 2017 I got curious about domains again and discovered Namebio. I learned about current market rates for short names and I saw that the name I sold for for a cool $350 in 2012 (9xi) is reported to have sold for $9,999 in 2015. That was the kick in the nuts I needed to get back into domaining :)

I have around 140 names including two LLLLs and a few nice names I've caught and won at auction. I am yet to make a big sale though I know I will soon. Thank you all for creating a great community and sharing your valuable experience.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Hi there Andy .. and Welcome to NamePros! :)

I think there's a large portion of us who had domains for years without looking seriously into domaining .. kinda wish I had gotten into earlier myself as well.

Best of luck to you going forward with your domains! :)

•••
@Ategy.com indeed. I just tell myself I could've bought btc too so there is no point playing shoulda, coulda, woulda :) I really enjoy your posts here and on dsad. Keep up the good work!

•••
•••
Welcome!

Best of luck domaining!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Welcome to NPs @andydotlol and glad you are back into active domain investment/sales! I think many things in life we might do differently, so don't look back at what 9xi resold for, but always look only forward as they say in investing!

BTW I really like a lot of the names you have chosen (digitalox, tankgeek and envirogrants are my favourites), and it is super effective the way you have so many right there in the signature.

•••
•••
Welcome to Troll Pros! Feel free to Troll everybody! :xf.grin::hilarious:

•••
•••
Welcome to NamePros Andy!
Nice that you are back here...

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back