Dynadot

strategy How to turn an unsuccessful domain sale to your benefit

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Not every inquiry turns into a sale, and conversion rates fluctuate during the year, depending on various parameters.
A recent inquiry provided me with some insight about a domain, that despite being a dictionary word, was also mistyped as a destination meant to be an airspace company.
A recent inquiry provided me with some insight about a domain, that despite being a dictionary word, was also mistyped as a destination meant to be an airspace company.
During my communication with the maker of the inquiry, I asked and was given the reason of their contact. So now I know that although I have a perfectly fine keyword domain, I might be receiving traffic from an airspace brand that has one letter jumbled up.
Other information extracted from domain inquiries that didn’t lead to a sale, can include the existence of regional ccTLD brands and companies, the use of composite domains that are being used instead of the owned version, and other valuable data that most often gets disregarded by a cursory Google search.
So don’t consider your unsuccessful domain sales to be “failures“, as long as you gathered additional info that you could use to your benefit in the future.
Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
i once received a mail for one of my domain names last month, mine is vmwaro.com and theirs is vmware.com, the IT staff threatened to sue me.... I said for what? She said for having a closely related name to theirs, mehn i couldnt just stop laughing cos she amazed me. In a situAtion like that, what do you suggest i should do?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back