Domain Empire

.biz How to transfer .biz from GoDaddy to domainsite?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I want to transfer a .biz from GoDaddy to DomainSite, and DomainSite wants a "Default Auth Code" for .biz transfers to it.

Furthermore, I just created my GoDaddy account a half-hour ago (I just purchased a .biz domain and it was moved into my brand new account), and I cannot find the place to get the "auth code" anywhere!

What am I missing?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can only find help on GoDaddy for transferring domains to them, not away from them!

This is all I could find on "auth codes" for transferring domains:

http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=798 says:

To transfer a .org, .biz, .us, .info, or .name to another registrar, the registry requires that you confirm an auth code or authorization code. The auth code is unique to each domain name and is assigned by the registrar at the time of registration. You need to provide us with this auth code if you want to transfer a domain to us. We do not have access to your domain auth codes if you did not register the name here. These must be recovered at your current registrar. Once your transfer is complete, we store your auth code securely with your domain information.

Current registries assigning auth codes are: Publice Interest Registry (the .ORG Registry), Afilias (the .INFO Registry), NeuLevel (the .BIZ Registry), and NeuStar (the .US Registry).

Auth codes provide an extra level of security for your domain names.

When you register a NEW .info, .biz, .us, or .name with us, we store and maintain your auth code.

GoDaddy has a .pdf that explains domain transfers, including how to get the "auth code" for many registrars (but GoDaddy is not on the list)!

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/pdf/TransferInsider.pdf

I have just emailed their support, I'll post the answer when I receive it!

•••
Matthew Doucette said:
I want to transfer a .biz from GoDaddy to DomainSite, and DomainSite wants a "Default Auth Code" for .biz transfers to it.

Furthermore, I just created my GoDaddy account a half-hour ago (I just purchased a .biz domain and it was moved into my brand new account), and I cannot find the place to get the "auth code" anywhere!

What am I missing?

forget it you have to wait 60 days

jim

•••
jim said:
forget it you have to wait 60 days
I didn't purchase it from GoDaddy, I purchased it from someone else who had a GoDaddy account, and it was moved from his account to mine. Do I still have to wait 60 days? Technically speaking, I think GoDaddy considered it a $0.00 purchase from them.

•••
godaddy has a 60 day rule exclusive to them..change of registrant is considered new owner so you have to wait..

jim

•••
Thanks!

By the way, GoDaddy responded and explained how to get the auth code (which I was unable to find myself!):

Thank you for contacting Online Support.

To obtain the authorization code for your domain, please follow these directions:

First, log into your customer account:

. Go to the Go Daddy Account Login Page.
. Log in using your account username (which may be the same as your customer number) and password.

If you have trouble logging in, our password reset form may help you. You can find this form through the following link:

Account Retrieval Page >

Once logged in, follow these steps:

. Select 'Manage Domains' from the 'Domain Names' menu at the top of the page.
. Click on the domain you need to retrieve the auth code for to select it.
. Under the 'Domain Details' section you will see 'Auth Info Code: (sent by email) Send Email'.
. Click on the 'Send Email' link.

Once you click on this, the auth code will be emailed to your administrative contact email address. You will need to make sure that you do this for all the .info, .biz, .us, and/or .org domains that you plan on transferring away from us.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back