NameSilo

question How to get the best price when buying a domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've never been on the purchasing side of a domain before, but there's one that I want for a business I am starting. The .net is listed on buydomains.com and name.com has it as a standard 2k premium BIN. It's the .com I want, and the whois lists a very very small time American brand protection agency (with a phone number/contact form on their website), and it is parked on sedo and listed as for sale with a few bids and 0 traffic. The name is pretty good, in a pretty popular niche but is definitely not a top dollar domain since it only applies for a very small part of that niche. I would hope to get it for anywhere between high hundreds to low thousands (below 2k hopefully).

My question is - how should I go about contacting them to get the best price (sedo bid, web contact form, phone call)? What tactics should I use to get the price down?

PS. As an aside, I am also interested in the .net, and if name.com has a BIN for 2k, how far down could I get buydomains.com to go?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
See PM. We do not want everyone to know how to negotiate down the price of domains, do we? :)

•••
See PM. We do not want everyone to know how to negotiate down the price of domains, do we? :)

Count me in too for the tips, if OK.

Thanks,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back