IT.COM

guide How to claim your DNS domain on ENS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mad409

Always thinking outside the box!Top Member
Impact
Right now, this is only deployed for one internet TLD — .xyz — on the Ethereum Ropsten test network. Support on the Ethereum mainnet, and on more internet TLDs, is coming soon. Once everything is in place, we expect to be able to support the vast majority of internet TLDs — about 96% of them.

forthcoming support for claiming DNS domains on the Ethereum Name Service (ENS). This will make it possible to import nearly any internet domain name into ENS, and interact with it just as you would a .eth domain. Soon, you will be able to tell people “you can pay me ether at myname.com”.

https://medium.com/the-ethereum-name-service/how-to-claim-your-dns-domain-on-ens-e600ef2d92ca

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another helpful read is :
https://btcmanager.com/trading-ethereum-xyz-domains/amp/

This is potentially exciting news and certainly adds value to the .XYZ domain for anyone who's interested/active in cryptocurrencies, specifically Ethereum.

Having a domain name, say your own personal name, as your wallet offers massive upside...instead of having some obscure long numerical ID (for example), simply pay me at 'myname.xyz' makes a whole lot of sense and is a sign of the times to come in the crypto realm.

For the savvy domainer this provides an exceptional opportunity...and because XYZ has the first move, could this provide a significant boost in the potential resale value of name-related .xyz domains...it certainly looks that way.

Thoughts?

•••
There was a discussion on this with a crypto group I am a part of.... one of the angles that I actually liked was that people/businesses could end using the normal tld's for their websites and email but might start specifically using .xyz for their payments.

So for example lets say a company named 123bags has their website and email on 123bags.com but then uses 123bags.xyz for payments... would be interesting if it plays out like that....

•••
hi ,

Right now, this is only deployed for one internet TLD — .xyz — on the Ethereum Ropsten test network.

Support on the Ethereum mainnet, and on more internet TLDs, is coming soon. Once everything is in place, we expect to be able to support the vast majority of internet TLDs — about 96% of the

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back