Domain Empire

How to buy complete rights of domain extensions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
How & where to buy an extension.

How can a buy a domain extension for life time, i.e a domain extension like .viv, or something like .ind.
How can it be done, where can it be done.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
yes, but it isn't a trivial exercise. you need:

- money, perhaps minimum $100,000
- people to handle the administrative tasks
- technology (software and hardware) to handle DNS
- a good business plan to make sure there is need for the tld
- political connections to get your application approved instead of many others

after putting together all of the above, there is still a very good chance that you'll be disapproved, and you'll lose the money you already invested.

•••
•••
Even more interesting would be if someone could list a successful example?

•••
Originally posted by aww

All the new tlds - .info, .biz, .name, .coop, .aero, .pro, .museum - went through this process.

•••
To become a 'TLD Registry' is multi-millions dollar business where US$ 50,000 is non refundable application fees. Rest of the costs can well be imagined where ICANN must be satisfied for the Registry operator's capability to run it. (It's said ".web" was disapproved due to some lacking on the part of applicants). On the other hand if tld becomes a hit, it can do economic miracles even for small states like it did in the case of 'Tuvalo' which was allotted ".TV" tld.

•••
Thanks guys for posting the requirements, but where should I apply for it, & my friend a business magnet wants to have a go in it.

•••
Originally posted by vivek
Thanks guys for posting the requirements, but where should I apply for it, & my friend a business magnet wants to have a go in it.

New applications are not being accepted now. Contact ICANN to see when they might accept more.
http://www.icann.org/tlds/

•••
Originally posted by aww

.LA (Former Laos ccTLD - Laos is SouthEastern Asian Country near Vietnam) was bought by Los Angeles firm (www.nic.la)...

•••
Nice one, Dax! B-)

I was thinking of firing up a new .COOL ... but alas :$: .
Ah well.

•••
:laugh: Jeff, I suppose you'd have to be the soul owner of Mr.COOL!? :tu:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back