Dynadot

question How to add domains to BrandBucket with some of already accepted names still in To Do List?

NameSilo
Watch

HKIBC

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I've had a few domains accepted by BB. Attempting to add more domains, I get the following notice:
Your account requires attention. Before submitting more names, please move forward with publishing the names that have been approved and are in your account under "To Do".

Does this mean I must publish all of the domains accepted so far before I can add new ones?

I've applied to BB only with a small, test batch of names and rightly so: BB's selection process is a real enigma. They've rejected most of the really good names, which is to say - domains I would have liked to publish with them. The ones they approved, well, suffice it to day that I'm planning on publishing some - but not all - of them! Hence my question above: how can I add more names without publishing all of the already accepted ones?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it is done on a percentage basis, you must publish a percentage of your accepted names prior to being able to submit any more.

They do this to stop people using their submissions as an appraisal service.

If you submit a domain name to Brandbucket you should, in theory, do this with a view to have them published.

•••
If you publish them, yes the error message will disappear.

If you don't ever want to publish the names that have been approved, you can send them an email asking to remove the domains for the list and it will be done in no time.

You can also push the domains to another account.

All options will allow you to submit more.
If you do so, next time submit a lot of names all together before they have time to approve them, this will prevent you from getting this restriction too often.

Last edited:
•••
it is done on a percentage basis, you must publish a percentage of your accepted names prior to being able to submit any more.
They do this to stop people using their submissions as an appraisal service.

Understandable. What percentage, if you know?

If you submit a domain name to Brandbucket you should, in theory, do this with a view to have them published.

Obviously. Otherwise why bother? Except this was my first - lets call it experimental - submission. Most of the names I was thinking of publishing got rejected. No great loss. I'm still on the fence about BB. Interested to try them out, sure, but the jury's still out whether this makes sense vis a vis lovingly marketing the names yourself ;)
Eh, but what the heck, like many here, have got domains to spare, so why not "give", say, a hundred to BB for one year and see what happens. Problem is, about half of those BB has accepted, I'd never seriously considered for publication with them.

Last edited:
•••
...You can also push the domains to another account.

Dominic, my hat off to you. Pure genius! :laugh:
Nice test run, too, before selling any of them to third parties :rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
Dominic, my hat off to you. Pure genius! :laugh:
Nice test run, too, before selling any of them to third parties :rolleyes:

Well I did not really meant you create multiple accounts. It was more in the sense that you can sell the domains to other BB seller and push them to their account.

•••
Well I did not really meant you create multiple accounts. It was more in the sense that you can sell the domains to other BB seller and push them to their account.

Of course. That's exactly what I'm doing, as evidenced in my signature :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back