Dynadot

How time I can backorder at SnapNames

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

davidle91

Established Member
Impact
Hi

After consulting SnapName and DropCatch related topics. I found SN to have a higher win rate. The domain I want to backorder today has changed to PendingDelete status and is available in 6 days. Should I book on SN now for $79? If I lose, will I lose that $79 (not refund money to visa card)?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You are charged only after you get the domain name.
Namejet and Snapnames are partners, so you can backorder the same name through Namejet as well.

Also in my experience, Dropcatch has a higher chance of winning a domain name than SnapNames/Namejet.
The best option is to backorder a domain name on both Dropcatch and Snapname, as you are charged only when you get the domain name by both the services.

•••
You are charged only after you get the domain name.
Namejet and Snapnames are partners, so you can backorder the same name through Namejet as well.

Also in my experience, Dropcatch has a higher chance of winning a domain name than SnapNames/Namejet.
The best option is to backorder a domain name on both Dropcatch and Snapname, as you are charged only when you get the domain name by both the services.
Thanks.

Today, I register account at DC and verify ID Card but now I received email

Unfortunately there isn't enough buying activity from your account so we're not able to approve your account for auctions at this moment. Users are required to have spent a minimum of $1,000 USD on our platform before they are eligible for verification.

If you have not spent at least $1,000 USD on our platform, you'll need to state the auction that you are interested in bidding on and provide proof of funds through a bank or credit card statement.

I need send history visa for DC to verify? I login DC account but my verify not complete. It require verify again.

With SN, SN not require verify ID Card? I search domain, register account and finished :) Now, I just wait for the end? If no one auction, I'll win?

Last edited:
•••
My order at SN now is Pending Order? Do I have to do anything or wait from SN?
imgur[.]com/6ilgyzC (please remove [.] to visit)

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Yes...you need to wait till the name drops.

As you said earlier that 6 days were left for your name to drop. Snapnames could only catch if the name drops after the 6th day.

If Snapnames is able to catch the domain name, you will get the status at the dashboard as "acquiring name", if it fails, the status turns to "backorder"

•••
Yes...you need to wait till the name drops.

As you said earlier that 6 days were left for your name to drop. Snapnames could only catch if the name drops after the 6th day.

If Snapnames is able to catch the domain name, you will get the status at the dashboard as "acquiring name", if it fails, the status turns to "backorder"

Today, when I visit menu order history I see my domain in list (High Bidder: You). You acquired: $79.00 (payment in process)

I win? and how to I can paid it?

Thanks

•••
You can pay via PayPal or credit card. Paypal works well for me

My account> financial center> add funds

•••
You can pay via PayPal or credit card. Paypal works well for me

My account> financial center> add funds
I paid it via PP and I wait 2 hours to SN process

Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
Are you the sole bidder on the name, generally even if you are backordering a name, it takes around 3 days left for the auctions to end. Has the auction ended? Did you got any email from Snap names?

•••
Only me bid this domain. After I missing payment by SN via VISA, I try visit "Add funds", its available and I paid via PayPal, its show message "wait two hours".

After paid, I not found my domain anywhere (exclude Financial History, it show two transactions with Type Deposit and Purchase) It's all right, isn't it? Do I have a domain name?

I did not receive any email from SN before and after backorder.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Contact Snap Names support. They are the ones to help you not us.

•••
Contact Snap Names support. They are the ones to help you not us.
Yes I understand that, I am sharing my case and hope to share the experience of the members who have used backorder on SN.

Thank you.

•••
You do get your domain name after a few hours.

Once the payment is made you get a confirmation email.

You could Create a ticket and ask them if everything is done from your end.

Regards

•••
I created ticket on SN but not reply. My domain only show Order History and Financial History. I dont know how time I can manage my domain.

•••
It takes around 2-3 days for snapnames to resolve an issue.

•••
It takes around 2-3 days for snapnames to resolve an issue.
Thanks, I think SN reply via ticket so I not check email :) SN replied.

•••
my last domain name took 10 days to showup in networksolution.com account , they snapnames mail you which registrar the domain is moved to in 2 or 3 days

•••
last domain name took 10 days to showup in networksolution.com account , they snapnames mail you which registrar the domain is moved to in 2 or 3 days
10 days :) Thank you for share this information. I think I won't be too worried if after 10 days I can't control my domain :)

•••
•••
"Backorder" items are domain names that are not expected to become available for at least 36 days. SnapNames will watch for and try to obtain these domain names for you if and when they become available. However, these names could have expiration dates up to 10 years in the future.

Regards,
WILL

•••
I backordered a name on SnapNames, could anyone please let me know what does it mean? BTW i never used them before.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-31 at 12.27.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-31 at 12.27.27 AM.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 77
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back