Dynadot

question How safe is website on WordPress?

NameSilo
Watch

Camila123

Impact
The word press is safe to operate but still it is suggested to keep updating with the latest version of WordPress to avoid hacking.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is one of my concerns with Word Press. WP evolved from a blogging systems called B2. There was another fork in this development, and that was B2 evolution. I decided to go with B2evolution for my Name Stag blog, it's much cleaner and many of the essential plugins are integrated into the basic package.

•••
Godaddy offers a service called Managed Wordpress hosting where they do the updates for you.

•••
Safe if ya keep it updated and do some security tweaks. Allows people without coding knowledge to create websites easily. Since I have coding knowledge I personally prefer not to use it as bloated and a malicious bot magnet.

•••
Updates are critical to a safe site built on Wordpress. If updates are maintained, Wordpress is a terrific solution. I would always add Wordfence and Spam Blocker.

If a Wordpress blog is left unmaintained, it can and usually will be hacked and defaced, if not worse.

•••
for small and medium website is ideal solution.
just make backup in time.
i dont care if somebody hack me, 5 min and I am online.
by the way I had just 1 attack but it was when I just began and just because I didnt pay attention on Wordfence aletrs.

•••
Wordfence is a must on Wordpress sites. Configure it to ban an IP for the maximum duration even with 1 incorrect log in. (dont worry if you mess up and get locked out of ur site then you can disable it via email prompts)

•••
The security is pretty good, the problem is not wordpress most of the time are the plugins that you install.

•••
It's really good and very safe.

•••
it's worth to use wordpress on your website, i still running on 3 website now

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back