Dynadot

.tv How popular will .tv be in the near future?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Steven Pilditch

Established Member
Impact
How popular will .tv be in the near future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Imo Very. Throughout all the new gtld's coming out the short ones are the best. With regards to .tv a lot of people think it will face competition from the likes of .movie and .media which are nothing special for sure. Perhaps films may take on the movie extension but that's still a very specific area and registering a new Hollywood flicks name could pose a potential trademark violation so that won't be very popular. TV on the otherhand is a great short extension which is already being used by many companies. It fits the popular digital demand services we all use, it fits product advertisement good, already has a growing understanding of the extension being used on the internet and can be used for combined international audiences. That can only get bigger for sure.

•••
.TV has been around for fifteen years. While it has limited usage for video-oriented websites, aftermarket sales are not common. Lesson learned - stick with .COM

•••
•••
IMO, I would only buy .tv if the keyword was football, soccer, free, movies, etc. It's not a cheap registration or renewal fee either, so I doubt it has the 4L, 4N, etc type of action that other extensions have.

•••
While I believe the launch of hundreds of new TLDs has impacted the domainer to domainer market, at least I can now say I have rejected a low $XXXX offer on a one-word .TV in 2015. The offer came from someone who owns a one-word .COM Spanish website whose domain was registered in the 90s.

•••
I stick with my only one TV DN:

StockExchangeTV

•••
I think the "revolution" is years away ........long term hold only

•••
Just "constant" future, this extension is stagnant.

•••
While it is interesting to read of occasional .TV sales, a few random sales for specific uses do not instantly create a booming aftermarket for the hundreds of thousands of .TV registrations.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back