IT.COM

How much / mo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Each month, I am paying....

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • <$1 / mo. for my hosting

votes
    11.4%
  • $1-$2 / mo. for my hosting

votes
    0.0%
  • $2-$5 / mo. for my hosting

vote
    2.9%
  • $5-$10 / mo. for my hosting

votes
    14.3%
  • $10-$15 / mo. for my hosting

votes
    14.3%
  • $15-$30 / mo. for my hosting

votes
    20.0%
  • $30-$50 / mo. for my hosting

votes
    17.1%
  • $50-$75 / mo. for my hosting

votes
    0.0%
  • $75-$100 / mo. for my hosting

votes
    0.0%
  • $100+ / mo. for my hosting

votes
    20.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

vip-ip

Account Closed
Impact
Also, how much time did it take you to find a GOOD hoster?
We all had a stage of trying to get a great deal for a great hoster, but as we know unlimited hosting for $1/yr is no good, obviously. How long did it take you to finally realize that and get a GOOD hosting that you're with right now? Maybe you're still looking for that "perfect hoster" so post some thoughts on that, too!

Me - it took about a year. First there was deltawebhosting, which was (and probably still is good) until I found onestopserver for $4/yr :p And I trusted all sorts of free hostings, none are really good.

Tell us your story?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ahh.. first host.. geocties.com <<<CRap then I go to freewebs but they offer crap service.. then I pay $5 a year to hostingeh.com for kwacker.com and that was for 100MB/2GB space(somethin like that) and then it was fine for a few months but then they sold me to another hosting company :( then I went with ariel-networkz.com and that is a great service.. I haven't had a problem with them but I sold both of the sites I had hosted with them then I purchased hosting from resellerzoom.com and it was a really bad service that I hated so I went with the same host that hosts ariel-networkz.com (the owner of ariel-networkz.com told me about him, he is known as ammo on namepros) so now I just host my own sites but I want more space/bandwidth etc,etc so when I make enough money I will buy a managed vip or managed dedicated :)

Yup thats it :)

Also, I pay 8.95 a month 25GB space 45GB bandwidth cpanel/WHM/fantastico , if you want this plan just PM me :)

•••
one hoster so far, xpress-host.net, $10 a month, cpanel, reseller, 5gigs space 50gigs band

•••
I use Hostgator.com :) They have excellent service and awesome uptime! I have a reseller account for all my different domain names, they provide me with 50Gb bw, 5Gb hd space, cpanel, WHM, unlimited pop3, unlimited mysql db's, unlimited of everything pretty much..for $24.95 per month :)

droplister said:
one hoster so far, xpress-host.net, $10 a month, cpanel, reseller, 5gigs space 50gigs band

I went in and took a look at the plans - couldn't find the specs you were talking about for $10. The info you listed costs about $25 for resellers, and $10 on shared hosting gives you 2gb space and 30gb bw..

Last edited:
•••
I haven't exactly found my ideal web host yet but I don't think I'll pay more than $3/mo. Since I need only a little space and bandwidth.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I pay ~$9/year at DreamHost (with a promo code)... :o
2.4GB Space, 120GB Bandwidth

They have a crappy control panel, but overall it's pretty good...

•••
took me 3 seconds to find a reliable hosting companies, I pay alittle over $100 a month combined with all the hosting accounts I have.

•••
My partner and I have a light reseller package at mher.org for 15 $ monthly. Works fine. May be the support could be a little better.

•••
I host a site at fpalace.com (now elitepalaces.com), that costs me $20 a month.

High prices, but AWESOME support and speed :D

•••
$15-$30 For my reseller account

•••
After being with some crap company I got caught in the FeaturePrice mess, went to EbizAlive and they went bonkers so I started looking around and found what I feel is great bang for the buck at www.HTTPme.com. 2gig space, 20gig bw c-panel with all the extras. 50 domain reseller account at 35 bucks/month. I am nearing the 50 so going to either get a second account (different server) or upgrade this one. Great support, cool bunch of users and fantastic uptime. Duel zeon servers at the NAC in NJ and their own rack at a California farm.

Sound like a commercial -- why not they are great -- not the cheapest but I been there a year + & don't plan on mloving.

•••
I've never really ventured to look for the "Best" host. I use 1and1 whos support is just horrible. Its cheap though and the control panel is pretty nice. The only thing that I like about it is with the 19.99 package you get 5 free domains to start, and you can host them all(and unlimited domains) on your package. I only have a few sites and don't use the 100Gb's so 19.99 isn't all that bad.

Another bad thing about 1and1 is i went to sell a site from there, it was this huge process that dragged on forever..had to fax them papers and a whole bunch of other garbage.

•••
$135 for a dedicated server 160gb space 1000gb b/w p4 3.2ghz 1gb ram, had the last 14 months of reseller accounts, some resellers wouldn't allow certain things which was just stupid so i decided upon a server of my own..

oops extra 0 in there 1000gb b/w

Last edited:
•••
RichPixel said:
$135 for a dedicated server 160gb space 10000gb b/w p4 3.2ghz 1gb ram, had the last 14 months of reseller accounts, some resellers wouldn't allow certain things which was just stupid so i decided upon a server of my own..

Where did you find that server?

•••
xpress access it's from..they didn't have any 3.06mhz cpu so they let me have a 3.2

•••
RichPixel said:
xpress access it's from..they didn't have any 3.06mhz cpu so they let me have a 3.2

Whats the web address? is it xpressacess.com?

•••
•••
I just use BT hosting, it's quite bad but if you're a broadband customer it's fairly cheap and you do get unlimited bandwitdh, ftp etc

•••
samuelocean said:
I just use BT hosting, it's quite bad but if you're a broadband customer it's fairly cheap and you do get unlimited bandwitdh, ftp etc

So is it good or bad? How much?

•••
i have 2 servers @ fdcservers.net one $150 one and another $40 one. :)

•••
2 x Intel 2.4GHz Celeron 512 MB 80 GB hard drive 1000 GB Monthly Transfer @ 100$/m each (both rented - 1 main server and 1 backup)

2 x SUN Dual Xeon 3.06 36g scsi+1gig ram (1 main server + 1 backup) (both owned with 2 dedicated feeds in my server room) ( a few 100$/m asside from equipment costs and depreciation)

expensive, but downtime would be even more expensive and from experience, having other people host my stuff is alot more trouble....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back