Dynadot

domain How Much Are My Domains Worth, If Anything ?!? - EuropeStudy.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Daniel Santos

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys,
So I started buying domains about 5/6 months ago. At first I thought I didn't need any help and after a few months I would start selling one or two domains. But it just didn't happen yet and I want to know if it's simply because my domains suck and they're not worth anything.
This is the list of my 26 domains:
EuropeStudy.com
DifferentBook.com
AdvancesInScience.com
ZipSurfing.com
CrossStory.com
AppleFlip.com
ComicLook.com
AnglePin.com
StreamingNew.com
ListenTop.com
License-Renewal.com
LiveOnNews.com
EpicLaugh.com
StreamSetup.com
6Under.com
FreeSpaceOnline.com
Football-Time.com
CinemaAll.com
Odessay.com
AwarenessData.com
GalleryVirtual.com
Xbox360Game.com
SickBass.com
4Mins.com
Electrine.com
StreamLiveOnline.com

I know some of them aren't too good, but I think some are quite nice.
Thanks,
Daniel Santos

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Learned a lot from this post thank you all

•••
•••
This is the truth.

What's 'good' evolves over time as you gain experience.
What was 'good' to me on day 1 is completely different than what is good to me today.

You look at a whole list, but most of us here are going over that list with a fine tooth comb and will pick names to battle out at auction, and will auction snipe good ones that others have missed.

Let me share with you some quick wisdom that a top domainer, quite possibly the top domainer, told me when I got started, because this applies directly to your list.

"Some are ok, but you need to raise your game. Pick commercial phrases that mean something."

Even though this was true for my 1st list, I still sold one of my first 10 for $1,500 :xf.cool:. Luck helps.

My own personal advice to you is to listen and learn. It's hard to swallow when your picks are of low quality, but you just snubbed the advice of quite a few very knowledgeable people.

So pick which fact you think is the most true:
#1 - You are a superdomainer who has beaten us all to the best names on the planet
#2 - You are going in the right direction, but have a lot to learn from people more experienced than you.

Either route you go, good luck to you.
Thank you so much for your answer. I will obviously pick route 2 and that's why I decided to post on this forum, so I could hear opinions from more experienced people, such as yourself.
Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, what was the domain that you sold for 1500$ from your first 10?

•••
Thank you for your answer. English is indeed my second language, Portuguese is my native language. But that definitely does not mean I don't speak english, I'm actually fluent in english.
But thanks anyway!
Hello!

I am also portuguese and speak english as a second language. I've also registered my share of names that don't sound very well in english (some worse than any of yours!). And I'm afraid there will still be some more... :)
Like @cocaseco said being fluent in the english culture is not as easy as in the english language. Still, I'm willing to learn!

Finally and because this is an appraisal thread :) I would appraise, for example, Electrine.com as a brandable in the high $xx to low $xxx range.

Best of luck!

•••
Hello!

I am also portuguese and speak english as a second language. I've also registered my share of names that don't sound very well in english (some worse than any of yours!). And I'm afraid there will still be some more... :)
Like @cocaseco said being fluent in the english culture is not as easy as in the english language. Still, I'm willing to learn!

Finally and because this is an appraisal thread :) I would appraise, for example, Electrine.com as a brandable in the high $xx to low $xxx range.

Best of luck!
Thanks. But are you from Portugal or Brazil? I´m from Lisbon, Portugal actually.
I'm pretty sure I know this answer but still. When you say I could sell Electrine, that means I should just leave it on Sedo or whatever site or wait for it to sell right? But how is someone going to remember that random name electrine and go look for it on a site? It just doesn't seem likely I guess.

•••
Hello!
Thanks. But are you from Portugal or Brazil? I´m from Lisbon, Portugal actually.
I'm pretty sure I know this answer but still. When you say I could sell Electrine, that means I should just leave it on Sedo or whatever site or wait for it to sell right? But how is someone going to remember that random name electrine and go look for it on a site? It just doesn't seem likely I guess.
Hello!

I'm from Portugal, Azores, Terceira island! :)

I would submit Electrine.com to BrandBucket.com and/or other similar websites, to see if they agree with the brandable potential. And then, take it from there.

•••
Thank you so much for your answer. I will obviously pick route 2 and that's why I decided to post on this forum, so I could hear opinions from more experienced people, such as yourself.
Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, what was the domain that you sold for $1500 from your first 10?

I can say this; it had a number in the front and it was a niche that typically is hard to squeeze money out of. Overall it was a pretty low quality pick, by many standards.

I just picked 10 closeout auction names and went with it; didn't use any metrics or specified sorting. A buyer made an inquiry within 2 months, and it was sold.

Sometimes you just never know...

Last edited:
•••
I can say this; it had a number in the front and it was a niche that typically is hard to squeeze money out of. Overall it was a pretty low quality pick, by many standards.

I just picked 10 closeout auction names and went with it; didn't use any metrics or specified sorting. A buyer made an inquiry within 2 months, and it was sold.

Sometimes you just never know...
I was just asking because I was curious to know if it was "comparable" to any of mine. In other words, I was wondering if I could get the same luck with my domains as you had with yours. After all, you only had 10, I have more so I don´t know... From my domains, is 6under.com comparable to that one you sold?
And by the way, I checked out your website (domainvp.com) and WOW. Truly an amazing website and I already started reading a few things and I'll keep reading :)

•••
Want to buy it? ;D

Nope, but SickBass.com could work for a DJ, Audio Company, Dance/Rave Event, Night Club....etc.
Nice domain name.....Good Luck...!

•••
I was just asking because I was curious to know if it was "comparable" to any of mine. In other words, I was wondering if I could get the same luck with my domains as you had with yours.

You could sell one of them, the truth of domaining is that you never really know how much anything is worth and a domain is only worth what someone will pay for it.

Someone is probably running around using the term "Sick Bass", eventually they might come to the point when they want to build out a site with the same name and is willing to drop a few grand. Or everyone that uses that term is broke, and even if they wanted to start a website they would only offer $50.

I think you should drop the terms that have been pointed out as backwards. You are going to drop domains, every domainer does; so don't look at it as a total loss when you do.

You only have to be right once and you make a profit. So if you pick 45 decent closeout domains, and spend $900 USD and sell only 1 for $1500 and let the rest drop; you have made a profit. It's not guaranteed, but it

Obviously the goal is to sell as many as you can, for as much as you can, but you get the picture.

I checked out your website (domainvp.com) and WOW. Truly an amazing website and I already started reading a few things and I'll keep reading :)

Thank you, I pretty much summed up domaining and the process, so there isn't a lot of new content to publish on a daily basis.

I am working on a tutorial on how I setup my portfolio & eMail that will be helpful. Thanks for the positive feedback - stay tuned!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back