IT.COM

How long is a meta description for mobile seo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Siddharth Opticals

Established Member
Impact
How long is a meta description for mobile seo?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
about 60 - 120 character

•••
Meta description will show in the search result page. Optimizing it is an essential aspect of On-page SEO. So use page relevant and freakish description for your page. The description should be not more than 165 characters.

•••
Up to 160, you can add. If you add more than that it will be no use.

•••
The meta description should not be more than 160 characters. Search engines will truncate Meta title to 160 characters.

•••
Meta description length up to 160. The meta description is a brief overview of what the site is about

•••
It's quality to keep meta descriptions long sufficient that they're sufficiently descriptive, so we advise descriptions between 50-160 characters. Keep in mind that the "foremost" period will range relying at the scenario, and your number one aim have to be to offer price and power clicks.

•••
As the description will be seen in mobile, avoid too many long sentences, keep your paragraphs to around 2-3 sentences as well as use bullets points and multiple sub-headings.

•••
If you are on a wordpress site - grab one of the super easy SEO plugins - a good one to learn on (IMO) is Squirlly. The reason I like this one, for beginners, is it helps you know what you need to do to optimize but it hand hold you through. I don't know if it's still free to try or for 1 site? but worth checking out - at least if they still have a free version?

•••
If you are on a wordpress site - grab one of the super easy SEO plugins - a good one to learn on (IMO) is Squirlly.

Can’t say I’ve ever heard of that. IRL, almost everyone uses Yoast, a few AIO or RankMath. RankMath is a promising product but has had some serious growing pains.

Current length::Google uses a proportional font so pixels are more accurate than characters. A bunch of “Ws” take more space than a bunch of “Is”. 920px for desktop, I think it’s still 680 for mobile. Subject to change at Google’s whim.

•••
Check out Squirlly, it's by Neil Patel - not that should matter as its a product, but it's at least by a big SEO name & they give lots of free guides, etc. which can be helpful.
If it's still free - havent checked in a long time. Only been using a grandfathered (really old lifetime subscription) account to use their keyword research tool. Which, by the way is marginal, but very fast so good for high level long tail research - but doesn't justify purchase (new, FYI).

I have been using Yoast for some time, now that I understand what I'm doing - but for a beginner - it's very user friendly (and teaches you to write, more like structure, your content). It would be a backward step - IMO - if you are already up on SEO a bit.

•••
I saw the the perfect one is up to 140 characters with spaces

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back