Domain Empire

advice How is .nl?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dennisok

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Ok. So, that means this is a wrong investment? Cause i'v been very worried about the attachment of the word "incorporated" Thanks @doron

•••
.nl is a good ccTLD, it's just that you can't pick names at random and expect success. You should be buying Dutch keywords or common English keywords for example. At least something that makes sense for the local market.

•••
Ok. I appreciate your advice @Kate. Thanks!

•••
Ok. So, that means this is a wrong investment? Cause i'v been very worried about the attachment of the word "incorporated" Thanks @doron

I'm afraid it is, since the word Inc or Incorporated is not used in the Netherlands.

•••
Welcome to NP @RomanoNL - good to see you here. Did Catawiki successfully sold any .com or other ccTLDs except for .nl?

@doron: I recently sold 4 .bet domains related to sports betting as 1 lot for around $150 on Catawiki. The domains were also up on NP for a short while, no biters. I sold a .net and a few .coms there as well, but these were Dutch keywords.

I have had some success with regged or caught domains, I of course also had some dissapointing results.

In my experience .nl domains work best at Catawiki. .be isn't working (yet) for me. .com is 50/50: sometimes they get traction, sometimes there are no bidders. I think with .nl it is easier to find at least 1 bidder.

FYI: my domains are not Dutch premiums like Sinterklaas.nl or Parijs.com, so I am happy with anything around $100. That might be different for you.

•••
@ tvanrijt did mean it can be sold at Catawiki.com?

•••
@Doron Vermaat thans for the welcome. We've sold/ are selling .nl .be .com .fr .de .net domainnames. At the moment we have our "regular weekly" domain name auction and a themed .fr domain name auction.

Catawiki is an auction house on a global level and we can reach potential buyers and sellers in almost any country.

•••
@dennisok the Dutch domainname market, as @Doron Vermaat already mentioned, is crowded to say the least. To find a great domainname with x.xxx value that still can be handregistered, is nearly impossible.

My experience is, one should only buy domainnames in another than your native language, if one speaks that language on an advanced level as well.

•••
Thanks @RomanoNL! but i need to sell off this very one at hand at the moment!

•••
•••
opleiding.nl sold for solid 50,000 EUR (~$55K)

•••
@RomanoNL thanks for your time.

Do you also do .ch or .at?

BTW, is it catawiki.com? cos I went over there and couldn't see anything like domain auction only other stuffs are being auctioned.

•••
@RomanoNL thanks for your time.

Do you also do .ch or .at?

BTW, is it catawiki.com? cos I went over there and couldn't see anything like domain auction only other stuffs are being auctioned.

Yes, this is Catawiki, the domainname auction can be found here: /domain-name-auction/wednesday

Acceptation of .ch and .at depends on the name. Could you send me a list ?

•••
Pheenix added .NL backorders, $49.

•••
Not a fast seller but certainly investment worthy if you have the right domain.

•••
•••
2 years later... did anyone test with .NL's? Just curious!

And if you can't choose, for every weekly auction we create a favorite .NL list.

Tom

•••
Bargaining.nl
NetHome.nl
HostingDomain.be

Pm me

•••
•••
2 years later... did anyone test with .NL's? Just curious!

And if you can't choose, for every weekly auction we create a favorite .NL list.

Tom

As far as I know you or your company punishes people who become member for several reasons.
If somebody is member and registers elsewhere, (f.i. because the droplist can be found elsewhere) you claim a kinda "trademark" or "ownership" on that list as if this is your companies posession. If somebody member of your company doesn't register with you, you throw them out. You also forbid people (and throw them out) who are member and who take a domain of theirs they forgot to renew, out of quarantine.

People of this forum would find this kind of behaviour propostrous.
Your company won a lot of money doing this.
For readers of the forum : Eurid.eu (registry of .Eu), dns.be (registry of .be) and SIDN.nl (registry of nl.) don't publish the (quarantine and) dropping domains, but the company I reply to here has found a trick to get the list(s) anyway, and not everybody can do that or has the technical skills to get these lists (apart from becoming member of this company).

And sorry.... but also I find this "not done".
As you probably know for .eu and .be-domains the company "realtime.at" (and registrars who are affiliated with them), also catches domains (and also claim the "exclusive right" to the domainlists that they give), and some others.

Kind regards.

( @strugar thanks for liking this post. The like vanished (probably because I edited the post just now).

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back