NameSilo

How do you get free .info???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've heard quite a few times about people getting free .info domain. If this is true where is the best place to get it with the least hassle? Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Back in the day you could get them. Now you may be able to with a lot of effort. Better off paying the $3 or $4 to reg them. Welcome to the forums by the way.

•••
as far as i know
nothing comes free in this world
especailly domains

•••
•••
.info's aren't free anymore..

•••
I think it is already 4 months ago when .infos were free.

•••
Yea, I think it ended on January 1st 05'

•••
They probally got they're .info free because some Domain Registrants offer free .info's sometimes, to increase profit.

•••
The last I heard the free .info's ended around the end of December of 04

•••
Correct. I think the lowest currently is the $1.50 per .INFO offer at RegisterFly; see their http://theflypaper.com for this (further down their page) :

$1.50 .INFO domains
If you are interested in purchasing .info names in quantities of 50 more more we can discount our price further. You can qualify for $1.50 pricing. If you have a large list of .info names you need registered at this special price, please send your userid, the domain name list to [email protected] and we can process it for you.

•••
Prosperous said:
Correct. I think the lowest currently is the $1.50 per .INFO offer at RegisterFly; see their http://theflypaper.com for this (further down their page) :

$1.50 .INFO domains
If you are interested in purchasing .info names in quantities of 50 more more we can discount our price further. You can qualify for $1.50 pricing. If you have a large list of .info names you need registered at this special price, please send your userid, the domain name list to [email protected] and we can process it for you.

This offer has been cancelled according to their supervisor. I highly recommend not to use them, as they'll dick around with you (excuse my language). I had agreed on a $1.00 bulk deal, with the registration of 500 .info domains, and after I had uploaded the funds (24 hours), they backed out of the deal and jacked up the price.

•••
oh man that sux. Sorry to hear that. Did you get the $$ back?

•••
daddypi said:
This offer has been cancelled according to their supervisor. I highly recommend not to use them, as they'll dick around with you (excuse my language). I had agreed on a $1.00 bulk deal, with the registration of 500 .info domains, and after I had uploaded the funds (24 hours), they backed out of the deal and jacked up the price.
Ah? Well, I knew they'd cancelled the $1 deal, but 2 weeks ago their $1.50 offer was still on (i.e. I purchased names at that price from them) for 50 names or more.
Sorry to hear about the troubles you experienced with them. I recently had some (other type of) problems with them too, but they did fix that for me in quite a timely manner.

Best,
Rob

•••
Prosperous said:
Ah? Well, I knew they'd cancelled the $1 deal, but 2 weeks ago their $1.50 offer was still on (i.e. I purchased names at that price from them) for 50 names or more.
Sorry to hear about the troubles you experienced with them. I recently had some (other type of) problems with them too, but they did fix that for me in quite a timely manner.

Best,
Rob

I see Rob. You wouldn't happen to know any other registrars that offer bulk purchases prices for .infos, do you?

•••
GoDaddy.....
< 50 50+ 101+ 201+
.com* $8.95 $6.75 $6.75 $6.75
.info* $9.95 $6.75 $6.75 $6.75

.us $6.95 $6.75 $6.75 $6.75
.net* $8.95 $6.75 $6.75 $6.75
.org* $8.95 $6.75 $6.75 $6.75

.biz* $6.95 $6.75 $6.75 $6.75
.ws $9.99 $6.75 $6.75 $6.75
.name $9.95 $6.75 $6.75 $6.75

Per 1 year reg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back