Domain Empire

How do you best recommend making money from parking?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I tried just parking names that I hadn't found the time to develop in hopes they would pay their registration fees or more, but to no avail. I'm just wondering if I'd be better off only buying popular expired domain names to park.

Thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
kiplarson said:
I'm just wondering if I'd be better off only buying popular expired domain names to park.

Thoughts?

Some people make a living doing exactly that. If you don't have the time to develop but have a little cash to invest in traffic names then yeah, this might be the right road for you to take.

Just make sure you do your research.

:tu:

•••
Where do you find these expired domain names?

Wondering if any of you want to tell us where you find these wonderful expired domain names?

•••
carjamlangley said:
Wondering if any of you want to tell us where you find these wonderful expired domain names?

Any "wonderful" expired domain today will require an equally wonderful purchase price at SnapNames.com, etc.

•••
kiplarson said:
I tried just parking names that I hadn't found the time to develop in hopes they would pay their registration fees or more, but to no avail. I'm just wondering if I'd be better off only buying popular expired domain names to park.

Thoughts?
If you don't have the time developing a site, you can just hire a freelance web developer to put up something for you.

•••
natural traffic is where the value is.

Yes,

The value of a site is in the natural search engine traffic and how many permanent backlinks the site has. Any other type of traffic has to be bought or gained through hard work. The value of the site itself is very little since one can go to rent-a-coder and get this type of thing done very cheaply. Its all about the natural traffic. If that's not there then the site is worth very little.

•••
carjamlangley said:
Yes,

The value of a site is in the natural search engine traffic and how many permanent backlinks the site has. Any other type of traffic has to be bought or gained through hard work. The value of the site itself is very little since one can go to rent-a-coder and get this type of thing done very cheaply. Its all about the natural traffic. If that's not there then the site is worth very little.

How would you explain natural traffic? Just links that were to the site before it closed down and the domain dropped?

Or something else?

Also, "Do your homework" What do you mean by this?

•••
kiplarson said:
How would you explain natural traffic? Just links that were to the site before it closed down and the domain dropped?

Natural traffic refers to "direct navigation" -- when a user types in the URL directly into a browser or search engine (they type it in b/c it matches what they believe they are looking for...i.e. bikes.com for biking, etc.)

•••
rocketfly said:
Natural traffic refers to "direct navigation" -- when a user types in the URL directly into a browser or search engine (they type it in b/c it matches what they believe they are looking for...i.e. bikes.com for biking, etc.)

assumably, all the names that receive natural traffic are all gone now though

•••
I'm unsure about that last statement. I think a lot of them are gone but there are still great names out there and all they need is some media promotion to get them "natural traffic" or direct navigation.

Look at birdflu.com (I think that was mentioned in a Business 2.0 domain column).

How about the next great phrase that sticks in your head and is used over and over again.

There'll be more, just harder to recognize and come by.

•••
I recently found this new amazing program

about a month ago I moved some of my domains from DS to a new program - moneyparking.com which is basically direct Google adsense program. Some of my domains are making 5-10 times what they made on DS. Am still testing this program and intend to move more domains. Worth a try in my opinion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back